'97 Byzanz/Champagne M3/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'97 Byzanz/Champagne M3/4

It's always a sad day when you have to list something in here but here it goes. I recently got back into an E30 and that chassis still has my heart and monetary priorities. That being said, this car has been incredibly well maintained it's whole life and I have all maintenance records from the PO and myself, original window sticker and all.
    First things first, this car did NOT come from the factory with the champagne interior as that was not optioned until '98 but the first owner of this car pulled all the champagne bits apart from the carpet off of a 2 month old wrecked M3/4 in '98. I bought this car in October of last year, 10/10 to be exact, with a misfire in #3 that ended up being a cracked head. I found a parts car with 34k on it and pulled that head and valvetrain off and had the shop, Bay Motor Works, install it and give it a good go through as well. They said that there's nothing else wrong with the car and that it was one of the strongest stock S52's they've felt :) As far as the color goes, I know there is a lot of speculation on the number of them but here's the breakdown. Only offered on '97 M3 sedans in the US and Europe - US M3 Manual: 37 cars, US M3 Automatic: 51 cars, Euro M3 LHD: 23 cars, Euro M3 RHD: 9 cars. If you go to Bimmer.work and type in the last 7 of the vin, EE12035, you can see every option and as it came from the factory. The full VIN for those interested is - WBSCD0320VEE12035

The car/pros:
    1997 Byzanz/Champagne M3/4 Lux Package
    Every single option that was offered was fitted
    Staggered contours, of which I have all 5, wing, 13 button OBC, sunroof, heated seats, 9 way adjustable fronts, split folding rear seats, 6 disc CD changer, cruise control, the lot
    185,500 miles, new head and valvetrain installed 2100 miles ago by Bay Motor Works in Seaside, CA
    All lights and electrics work flawlessly
    Bone stock suspension wise, engine wise, transmission wise and exhaust wise.
    Contours wrapped in Continental Extreme Contacts, 225/245 I believe.

Cons:
    It's too quiet and smooth
    Way too fun in mountain roads and canyons
    The color turns too many heads
    Every time I get out of it, I look back and break my own neck
    Seriously though, I can't think of any legitimate cons with this car. If you want it to be a 10/10, the wing will need a re-spray, I know of one that is flawless and can put you in contact with the owner if you decide to do it.
    Also, I have scraped the bottom of the front end one damn time so that is also imperfect
    Mechanically and internally, this car is perfect. It holds a clean CA title and passes smog with ease

Asking $9,000 cash/paypal only. The money would be great but I will consider trades for S5x swapped E30's, no others, thanks.

Please PM me with any questions, I'm more than happy to oblige. Thanks r3v!

Last edited by CarsonE30; 04-10-2016, 02:37 AM.
    C6Z
    S2K
    VeloN

Glws

Free bump to a funny and informative ad. Awesome car and GLWS

Comment

Ugh. Want.

GLWS!
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
        Ugh. Want.

GLWS!
        I'll do a trade for an S54 swap 😉
        C6Z
        S2K
        VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
          I'll do a trade for an S54 swap ��
          Ha! No, but...S54 swap the Byzanz!
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
            Ha! No, but...S54 swap the Byzanz!
            If only I could man, I want an S54 powered anything for the noises but doesn't look like it'll happen for a long while haha
            C6Z
            S2K
            VeloN

Comment

Wow! Amazing... GLWS
              '93 300TE 24V Krautbomber
              '84 528e 5 speed Saphirblau Metallic [R.I.P.]

I love all BMWs with round headlights!

Comment

Trade for an s50 e30? Lol
                1990 S50 Calypso-rot 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Midweste30 View Post
                  Trade for an s50 e30? Lol
                  If you're serious, PM me
                  C6Z
                  S2K
                  VeloN

Comment

Bump, price drop!
                    C6Z
                    S2K
                    VeloN

Comment

Byzanz is by far my favorite e36 color. i remember when you bought this everyone thought it was a "custom" paint job, fake M3. These Byzanz cars (almost) never pop up for sale, if I were in the market for one and this was a 5 speed I'd seriously consider this.

GLWS, I'm sure someone will snatch this up soon, assuming they know what it is and don't mistake the LUX package M3 bumper for a knockoff aftermarket bumper...
                      2004 BMW e60 525i - Daily
                      1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy
                      1994 Jeep Wrangler - Summer Toy
                      1993 Range Rover Classic - Handsome Looker that never gets driven

Comment

Originally posted by jrossowvue30 View Post
                        Byzanz is by far my favorite e36 color. i remember when you bought this everyone thought it was a "custom" paint job, fake M3. These Byzanz cars (almost) never pop up for sale, if I were in the market for one and this was a 5 speed I'd seriously consider this.

GLWS, I'm sure someone will snatch this up soon, assuming they know what it is and don't mistake the LUX package M3 bumper for a knockoff aftermarket bumper...
                        Awe that was a good thread lol we all learned a lot there I've tried to clarify as much as I could in the description, this car just needs the right person, I'm patient for sure and know they're around somewhere!
                        C6Z
                        S2K
                        VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                          Awe that was a good thread lol we all learned a lot there I've tried to clarify as much as I could in the description, this car just needs the right person, I'm patient for sure and know they're around somewhere!

Haha yeah, I remembered reading some of the posts and was in shock that so many had never seen one in that color.

Its a stunning car IMO, and that interior really compliments the almond/burnt orange paint. The paint looks to be in amazing condition as well. It's new owner will be getting a brilliant car. These M3's are hard to come by in this condition these days.
                          2004 BMW e60 525i - Daily
                          1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy
                          1994 Jeep Wrangler - Summer Toy
                          1993 Range Rover Classic - Handsome Looker that never gets driven

Comment

Originally posted by jrossowvue30 View Post
                            These M3's are hard to come by in this condition these days.
                            This, 100%. It's a turn key driver without question!
                            C6Z
                            S2K
                            VeloN

Comment

Sale is pending!
                              Last edited by CarsonE30; 04-01-2016, 10:51 PM.
                              C6Z
                              S2K
                              VeloN

Comment

Working...
                              X