Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 535i 5 spd. 134k Bronzit/Lama, limited slip - No Longer Available

1986 535i 5 spd. 134k Bronzit/Lama, limited slip

I bought this car with only 115k about 2 years ago from an old guy that bought it in the 80's and I have driven it since. In the last 19k I have completely replaced the brakes (540i in front), cooling hoses, nearly all front suspension parts ( using Meyle and Meyle HD), custom exhaust, forged style 9 find, and much more. It has black cloth Recaro SE's on early E28 manual sliders. The tool kit is complete and unrusted. The car drives very well. It appears to have never been in an accident and has all original glass, uncracked dash,and body panels. All electronics work with the only issue the windows could use lubrication and the ABS light comes on at 60 (probable indication of a relatively easy to fix dirty reluctor ring). I have done a lot of work to the car and have lots of extra parts if interested. My goal was to turbo the car but other projects take precedence.

List Date: 7/11/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 1986 535i 5 spd. 134k Bronzit/Lama, limited slip
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

Last edited by Bearmw; 07-30-2016, 03:43 PM. Reason: Sold
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Looks like a nice example. A list of what has been done to the car, rather than the statement "I have done a lot to the car" would likely benefit your sale, as well as a lot more pics. Just my $.02. GL

Comment

No doubt
      I bought it with 115k on it from the 80 year old owner who was moving to FL. He bought it locally when it was a couple of years old and I was told he never drove it in winter which I have no reason to doubt. I did a lot of work since I've had it. It has original body panels and glass and appears accident free. All electronics including A/C work and the dash is uncracked and the door panels and headliner are all good. The ABS light comes on at about 60 mph which leads me to believe that one of the reluctor wheels may be dirty or corroded. The body is good with solid brake lines. There is a small amount of rust at the left rear bumper mount and a tiny spot on the left rear passenger door. I have the factory sheetmetal piece to repair the bumper mount area. It idles well, shifts well, and has good power. It doesn't burn oil or coolant.

The front seats are black cloth Recaro SE' s on early manual sliders. The rest of the interior is original and in good shape. The car has the early center vent mod. It has the forged Style 9 rims with 4 good 205/55/16 Yokohama tires. I also have style 29 rims with hubcentric rings and winter tires. I also have the factory sunroof wind deflector and the tool kit is complete and is unrusted but minus the blue rag.
      The car has some small dings and scratches as its been my daily driver for the last year and a half but is overall in good shape especially for a New England car.

In the last 19k I did the following work:

New Meyle and Meyle HD front center link, tie rods, lower control arms, thrust arms, sway bar links, alignment
      540i front brakes with new rotors and rebuilt calipers and new Pagid pads, rebuilt rear brakes (including e brake lining) with new pads, and all new brake hoses
      All new cooling hoses, thermostat, and clamps
      New oil pressure switch
      Vacuum booster brake conversion
      New p/s reservoir
      New Hella H4 lenses with Sylvania Extra vision bulbs
      New NGK ZRG5 plugs, Beru cap and rotor
      Vapor canister removed/bypassed
      New Meyle "dog bones"
      MWrench steering box reinforcement (done proactively)
      New 533i throttle body boot
      New coolant temp sender
      New license plate light lenses
      New Hex O Mats ( also have BMW mats)
      Thule roof rack
      Pepin version 5 clutch pedal reinforcement ( done proactively)
      OBC relay bypass
      New vacuum and most fuel hoses
      Retracked AFM
      New Boge Turbo gas front struts and new Febi strut mounts
      New custom PS hose and belt
      New BMW differential mount with poly reinforcement
      New Bosch wipers
      New 2 1/2" custom cat back single exhaust with Magnaflow mid and rear mufflers
      New Mahle air filter
      Tightened steering box 1/4 turn
      Added modified cam oil spray bar
      Added an older Pioneer HU with stock amp bypass but kept factory rear wiring

The car is a good driver that tracks and brakes well. My dream was to do a B35 swap and eventually go turbo but other needs got in the way. I can't justify two vintage BMW's and I'm keeping my M30 vert.

I also have all the parts to do a 1.3 conversion (super eta harness based), Schmeidmann headers, rear subframe and control arm bushings, c pillar trim grommets, New BMW CPS, New BMW B35 O2 sensor, MEPEH rebuilt injectors, and new Ssquid tuning B35 93 octane chip should anyone be interested for a bit more money

As I said the car isn't perfect but is a great base to go in a number of different directions. $6000 or best offer.

I can most easily send pics via email or text so PM me if you want to see more. I haven't yet advertised it anywhere else

Thanks for looking
      Last edited by Bearmw; 07-23-2016, 05:42 PM. Reason: Reduced price
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Beauty. GLWS.

Comment

Originally posted by ethurtee View Post
          Looks like a nice example. A list of what has been done to the car, rather than the statement "I have done a lot to the car" would likely benefit your sale, as well as a lot more pics. Just my $.02. GL
          A healthy response, sir. Carry on and GLWS!

Comment

Reduced price bump.

Comment

Working...
            X