Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 318i S50/5-Lug Track Car - No Longer Available

1991 318i S50/5-Lug Track Car

Up for sale is my S50/5-lug swapped E30. This is a car that I've owned longest to date. Originally bought in 2007, I've driven it in many configurations. The Chassis has around 240K miles on it, even though the cluster says 163K. I have the original cluster around somewhere that is included in the sale. The interior has the carpet removed, rear seats & parcel shelf removed. Door Panels still there along with the center console. I have most of the pieces to put it back together (minus the carpet and rear parcel shelf) if you really wanted to. I've been building this car over the years and have finally decided that I'm just not into E30's as much as I once was. Been riding motorcycles, dirt bikes, snowmobiling, etc. so the car has been sitting in my enclosed trailer for the past 1.5yrs.

Right now it has stock Sachs E36 M strut housings with regular Koni SA Inserts installed, so the Custom GC strut housings w/ koni race inserts still need to be installed. The GC valved rear shocks, Z3M Trailing arms & GC race camber plates only have 1 track day @ LRP.

I believe I also replaced the fuel tank fairly recently with a lower mileage one. AC lines are still on the car

1991 318i 4dr. Alpine II over Grey Cloth.

Engine -
    S50 w/ approx. 140K miles
    eBay Chip installed, But Miller War Chip included with the sale
    Stewart Water Pump
    75deg. Celsius Thermostat
    SPAL 14" Fan
    TRE Fuel Pump

Drivetrain -
    JBR Ultralite Flywheel w/ Tilton 5.5" Disc Race Setup (entire rotating assembly weighs 10lbs.!!!)
    Diffsonline 3.46LSD w/ Z3M Cover
    AKG M5/S5X Solid Aluminum Engine Mounts
    AKG Solid Tranmission Mounts
    AKG Motorsports Stage II Quick Shifter
    AKG DTM Selector Rod
    Diffsonline 3.46LSD w/ Z3M Cover
    BW Urethane MAF Boot
    eBay headers w/ Y-pipe to single 2.5" Borla XR-1 to Vibrant Rear Muffler
    Getrag 250 w/ approx. 130 miles
    Have a Spare ZF320 that I'll throw in as well, but needs one of the crossmemeber tabs welded.

Suspension -
    Ground Control "Bastard" Strut Housings (specifically designed to correct castor w/ '95 M3 Spindles) w/ 0 miles.
    Ground Control Valved Koni Single Adjustable 8610-1437 Race Inserts 8610-1437 w/ 0 miles
    '95 M3 Spindles
    E36 M Front Brakes
    96-99 E36 M Front Control Arms
    Ground Control Race Camber/Caster Plates
    '96 E36 M3 Rack w/ Power Steering
    Ground Control Valved Koni Single Adjustable Race Shocks 30-7436 w/ Spherical Bearings on lower mount w/ 1 track day
    Z3M Trailing Arms
    Stainless Steel Flexible Lines
    E-brake Cables & Backing Plates Removed
    Eibach 22/16 Sway Bars
    Treehouse Offset Control Arm Brackets
    Hawk HT-10 Pads w/ some spare pads
    AKG HD Urethane TA Bushings
    AKG HD Urethane Subframe Bushings
    AKG HD Urethane Diff Mount

Wheels/Tires -
    17x7.5" M Contours w/ old Bridgestone RE01R 235/40-17's
    17x8" Borbet Type E's w/ BFGoodrich R1's 235/40-17 w/ 0 miles

Interior -
    VSR 4pt. Rollbar w/ removable section
    Recaro Profi SPG Seats w/ VAC Aluminum Brackets
    Expired Sabelt 5pt. Harnesses w/ Camlock
    Momo Steering Wheel w/ extension
    Autometer Oil Pressure & Oil Temp gauges (not wired at the moment, have BW Oil Filter Adapter that is included)
    Euro Tach w/ Green stripe (needles are painted, tach is not a decal)

Exterior-
    "is" Front Lip w/ Ryan G Splitter
    'is" Rear Lip
    Hella Smoked Euro Ellipsoids w/ DDM 55W H1 HID Kit

Issues -
    Tach is not working. Suspect the harness adapter needs to be gone through, but the car still runs/drives fine.
    Rust/rot at the battery box corner. Pretty common spot, the rest of it is pretty clean underneath. Feel free to inspect on my lift
    Wiring Harness/Engine Bay could use quite a bit of cleanup. It functions, but is pretty ugly. Could use an airbox instead on the open filter as well.
    Has some paint chips on the hood and some minor dings.
    Cage could use a repaint. It's a rattlecan job.
    Exhaust could also use some work. Its crush-bent and hangs pretty low for my taste. Was going to re-do with raceland headers, but never got around to doing it.

Please no lowballs, I have no need to sell

List Date: 8/1/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 1991 318i S50/5-Lug Track Car
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

Originally posted by BillBrasky
    E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
    1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
    1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
    1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
    2012 F350 6.7PSD

Bump.

Car has a clean street title in my name as well. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
    Originally posted by BillBrasky
    E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
    1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
    1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
    1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
    2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

Working...
    X