Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992 325i Convertible, 5-speed, 132k - No Longer Available

1992 325i Convertible, 5-speed, 132k

For sale is a clean and unmodified 1992 325i convertible with an original 5-speed manual. It's brilliantrot (red) on tan leather and has 132k miles on the working odometer and the mileage is accurate to the best of my knowledge. Very low mileage for the year, but it will go up a bit as I drive it periodically.

Exterior:
    It has had a quality partial re-spray at some point in its life (most likely to correct paint fade, stone chips, etc) and the paint shines and matches well all around the car. No accidents, all panels have original VIN labels. Minimal rust, only noticeable spots are 4 small paint bubble spots at the bottoms of the door jams and one above one of the license plate lights (the only visible rust on the car that I have found, and not visible with the doors closed, they are smaller than a quarter). Floors, frame rails, battery and tool wells, license plate area, bottoms of the fenders and rocker panels, etc are in great shape/solid with the original undercoating still intact. There is some general surface rust on bolt heads, etc, underneath but really minimal for a 24 year old car. There is, unfortunately, a dent between the driver's side fender and door. The convertible top is in fair condition, the cloth is in great shape but the rear window is a bit foggy and some of the stitching has started to come undone in places. The top was originally an electric top but the motor has been removed and it can be operated manually. The top motor was sent to Germany to be rebuilt and has a machined aluminum piece installed in place of the problematic plastic components. This rebuild eliminates the biggest failure point of these motors.

Interior:
    The interior is in pretty good shape for its age, just a little dirty. Some wear on drivers seat, seam starting to split on top of back seat. The passenger seat is in really good condition with no splits or cracks and the door cards and carpet are in good shape too. The dash is completely crack free (!!).

Mechanical Stuff
    The car has had some extensive recent maintenance and is in great mechanical condition. The previous owner replaced brake pads and rotors at all four corners, installed braided stainless brake lines, and flushed the system with new fluid. There are also nearly brand new front control arms, front control arm bushings, sway bar endlinks, inner and outer tie rods (and new rack boots), new O2 sensor, and a brand new battery.

Since I purchased the car I have replaced the following with all quality OEM or equivalent/better parts since I was planning on keeping the car:

- Gates Racing timing belt (much stronger/longer lasting than OEM belt)
    - Timing belt tensioner
    - Water pump
    - Camshaft seal and O-ring
    - Thermostat (stock 80C)
    - All 4 'large' coolant hoses
    - Spark plugs
    - Distributor cap and rotor
    - Valve cover gasket and rocker shaft plugs
    - Valve Adjustment
    - Changed the oil with Castrol 20w50 and a new oil filter
    - Fuel filter
    - Air filter
    - Cooling system filled and bled with OEM BMW blue coolant
    - Changed transmission fluid with Redline MT-90
    - Changed differential fluid with Redline 75w90
    - Garagistic 80A poly (street compound) differential mount
    - New differential cover gasket
    - Transmission mounts
    - New driver door lock with updated design
    - E46 M3 convertible rear shock mounts
    - Z3 shock mount reinforcement plates
    - Exhaust hanger
    - Properly torqued fuel and temperature gauge grounding nuts on the back of the cluster (tend to vibrate loose and cause inaccurate readings)
    - Repaired a frayed/broken connector at the speedometer sensor

These parts all have less than 100 miles on them though I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. It starts right up and runs very smoothly and pulls well all the way through the rev range. There are no warning lights illuminated on the dash. The transmission shifts great into all gears and both the transmission and diff are nice and quiet.

I would like $4,500 obo, car is near Milwaukee, WI

List Date: 9/6/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 1992 325i Convertible, 5-speed, 132k
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

1999 Alpinweiß M3
    1991 Alpinweiß 318is
    1991 Alpinweiß 318i

Sale Pending

1999 Alpinweiß M3
    1991 Alpinweiß 318is
    1991 Alpinweiß 318i

Comment

What an awesome car! Thanks again man, it went to a loving home,