Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 Touring with 450hp LS3 engine, 6spd manual transmission, and 7k miles on swap - No Longer Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 Touring with 450hp LS3 engine, 6spd manual transmission, and 7k miles on swap - No Longer Available

1988 Touring with 450hp LS3 engine, 6spd manual transmission, and 7k miles on swap

With a heavy heart it is time to sell my LS3 E30. This car is absolutely amazing. It's comfortable for long distances, an exceptional cruiser and grocery-getter, and....well the LS3 part doesn't hurt. It's a GT, it's a sportscar, it's just incredible. I've been driving it since 2011 and it has never ever let me down. I was taking enough road trips in it that I sold my newer daily driver and just used the BMW, it does just about everything. It gets 25MPG at 75MPH and will never make you want to drive anything else. It's really hard to have to sell it, but I'm moving to a place without room for it so she's gotta go.

I bought the car as a bone stock 320 Touring from Germany and had the drivetrain from my other car (a 1991 BMW 318iS with the LS3 in it) put in. It's a professionally done swap by a few experienced fabricators and since I bought the motor new, have put about 7000 miles on it. The photos show an MTech1 steering wheel but it has an new MTech2 in it now. Some also show the original wheels, not the black OZ Racing wheels that it has on it now. The car has a sun roof and sport seats that are comfy and just about perfect. Everything works and the speedo was new when the car was built and is accurate to the engine.

Here's a list of some of the upgrades:

-LS3 E-rod kit. This was new and came straight from GM with cats, headers, fly-by-wire pedal, engine, air intake, ECU, and the motor (bought brand new, retailed about $14k).
    -Racing diff (3.07 w/ polished gears and solid machined non crush sleeve). Built by a funny car builder to withstand torque concerns (this alone was $1250 and I've got the receipt for it).
    -Hurst Drivelines T56 Magnum transmission. 6spd manual, .5 6th gear cruises at about 1000rpm at 6-mph (bought brand new, have receipt).
    -Ireland Engineering brake kit (have receipt).
    -17" OZ Racing wheels
    -Custom 3" exhaust with a crossover. The sounds it makes are intoxicating.
    -Custom built radiator. Has never overheated, custom built to fit the car and heat requirements of the motor.

I'm not looking for any trades and the car is available as long as the ad is up. It's fast, it's stable, it's smooth, it sounds amazing. Some higher resolution photos are here: http://imgur.com/a/kydZx. You won't find a better car to spend your time in. I'm happy to answer questions over email or text at 206-552-9439.

List Date: 10/11/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 1988 Touring with 450hp LS3 engine, 6spd manual transmission, and 7k miles on swap
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
    2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
    2010 Buell XB9SX
    2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
    1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
    1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
    1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
    2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
    2002 Mazda Miata LS

Just wow...GLWS

Comment

What a magnificent build..

But why are you charging r3v a 2k premium vs Craigslist?

Comment

Originally posted by e30aaron View Post
        What a magnificent build..

But why are you charging r3v a 2k premium vs Craigslist?
        I'll sell it for the same as CL. The ad listing tool here ads on a credit card and selling fee, was trying to even things out.
        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
        2010 Buell XB9SX
        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Wow.

Awesome machine.

Drooling right now.

GLWS
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Bump for the best Touring I've ever seen.
            GLWS

Comment

Besides s14 M3, this is my dream car. Wish I was rich b/c I'd buy this in a sec. GL dude.

Comment

Originally posted by romeo294 View Post
                Besides s14 M3, this is my dream car. Wish I was rich b/c I'd buy this in a sec. GL dude.
                to each their own i guess but this is on a whole other level than a e30 m3. they're cool collectors and all but cant compare to the driving experience of this bad ass machine!

nicely done op

Comment

Wow, I really want this.
                  Sure you won't trade? I have an e30 M3 or e28 M5.
                  Thinking about selling the e30 to grab this...

Comment

Originally posted by Inline Six View Post
                    Wow, I really want this.
                    Sure you won't trade? I have an e30 M3 or e28 M5.
                    Thinking about selling the e30 to grab this...
                    If you're serious, PM me. I'd be interested in an e30 m3. Someone is working on getting a loan now, so the car isn't quite sold yet.
                    Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                    2010 Buell XB9SX
                    2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

PM sent

Comment

does this have AC?

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                          If you're serious, PM me. I'd be interested in an e30 m3. Someone is working on getting a loan now, so the car isn't quite sold yet.

That's interesting. Must be a line of credit on their house. Can't imagine any traditional lender willing to take on even 20% of this cars asking price as a car loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did this end up selling? Doesn't look like the craigslist ad is up anymore, so assuming it sold.

Comment

I couldn't convince him to trade. Not to thread jack, but anyone want to buy a great e30 M3 track car or clean e28 M5? I'm drooling over this touring.

Comment

Working...
                              X