Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 BMW 325I - No Longer Available

1989 BMW 325I

This breaks my heart to do but I have no choice, unless I convert it to auto. I am forced to sell my 89 BMW 325i that I bought August 2015 from Florida and had transported in the hopes of restoring and tastefully modding. Unfortunately at about the time I purchased this car, I got injured at work and as a result am permenantly disabled. Thus, I am not able to drive it because it is a manual. It has been sitting at a friend's house since August 2015 and he starts and drives it once a week so it is operational. It has less than 200 miles since I purchased it. Interested parties can be rest assured this is not a lemon (however it does need love cosmetically) and I'm not scamming. The following is the original ad placed by eurochriz on R3vlimited:
    Clean title
    156,650 original miles, Clean Autocheck History, 5-speed Manual Transmission, Upgraded to 4.10 (LSD) Limited slip differential, Delphin Exterior, Tan Vinyl interior, Sport seats, Power mirrors,Power steering
    Power windows, Rear pop-out windows, CD Player with Auxiliary, Upgraded speakers
    Car will be sold with OEM BMW Basketweave 14" wheels or 14" Bottle caps, Original BMW roadside tools
    M-tech 1 leather steering wheel, Factory IS Front lip, Factory IS Rear spoiler, Rear view mirror reading light, Euro Clock, Fog lights, Cold air conditioning , Cruise Control
    Recent Maintenance with an abundance of receipts included:
    Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil change & Oil filter
    Timing belt & Water pump
    Thermostat
    Silicon Radiator hoses
    Head gasket
    Oil pressure switch
    Coolant sensor
    Rebuilt rack & pinion
    Brand new AC compressor and serviced
    Bilstein suspension and low tec springs (made to order from Germany)
    Shock mount reinforcement
    Fan Clutch
    Spark plugs
    Fuel Filter
    Bosch Alternator
    Brand new OEM Exhaust system with new straps
    Control arms & bushings
    Alignment

THE GOOD:

Almost all items listed above are verified by reciepts from the original owner and service sticker for the timing belt milage reminder. The entire drivetrain works flawlessly and has good responsive power. Transmission shifts w/o slippage or grinds. Brakes are in good working condition and the suspension is tight. I bought the car with painted basket weaves; tires are still good and the setup can be viewed on the night photos attached.

THE BAD:

The car will need some TLC. I recieved the car with the following issues. Maybe it won't be an issue for the right buyer.

-The steering rack apparently was bad. When I recieved the car it was leaking. Unknown problem since I can't check it.
    -The front sport seats are torn.
    -The headliner has a couple tears.
    -The dash has two cracks.
    -PO screwed up the front interior door panels by installing some ugly speakers.
    -PO installed cheap stereo.
    -Sport seats torn
    -The hood is not original. It was repainted delphin gray.
    -A minor couple surface rust spots not mentioned in the original ad. One bubbling on the sunroof the other on the roof next to the sunroof, pics attached.
    -Windows don't operate...unknown if fuse or relay.
    -The check panel lights are on but I believe they just need to be reset.

None of the above issues were previously mentioned in the original ad. Perhaps a lapse in memory; minus the steering rack which technically occurred during my ownership. I have tried to be as transparent as possible and I welcome a PPI. All in all its a solid driver and the drivetrain is healthy. Just needs some interior\exterior help which is not hard or too expensive.

For the right price I will include:

1) Z3 short shifter-GARGASTIC
    2) ZHP "M" shift knob-ECS tuning
    3) Complete street/track (green) bushing kit-REVSHIFT
    4) 15" MIM1900 wheels painted in charcoal I imported from Lithuania. Yes I'm serious, I have receipts.

I bought the first three items brand new during Black Friday November 2015 sales on REV and I have receipts. The wheels are used and still in the shipping boxes that they were sent in.

Titled/Registered and smogged in my name. Other price options available.

List Date: 11/22/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 1989 BMW 325I
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

sigpic

Bump... price is negotiable. In case the ad was not clear, car alone is $5,000. With lot of parts it is $6,000.

There has been a lot of interest for just the rims. At this point I don't want to sell the wheels by themselves.
    sigpic

Comment

I can vouch for this car, EuroChriz sold it for me on consignment. The car was my daily driver and handled as if it were on rails & had cold a/c. GLWS and I'm sorry to hear that you have to sell.

Comment

GLWS, very cool car, I wish I were on the west coast to come take a look at it.

Comment

Very clean E30 and a great price GLWS.
          1986 Schwartz Black 325es
          2005 Alpine White E46 M3

Comment

Thanks everybody. Like Chasen88 said, it drives strong and handles. Definitely makes up in performance. Cosmetic stuff can be sorted out overtime...
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X