• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 325is with M52b28 swap

1988 BMW 325is with M52b28 swap
    171,000 miles on chassis
    121,000 miles on M52b28 engine
    VIN: WBAAA1302J4141405

This is a great car with absolutely no surprises. It runs strong, is reliable, quick, sounds great and handles like it's on rails.

I purchased the car in 2011 and drove it from Illinois to Georgia with no issues. The previous owner only had the car for approximately two months. He needed to sell it in order to pay for school.

In 2012, I moved to Italy and shipped the car there. I had the car in Italy for four years. I drove it from Vicenza to Rome and back with no issues.

The car is currently in Bethesda, Maryland and registered in Illinois. I'm in the military and Illinois is my home of record; so, I maintain registration with that state.

I have put about 14,000 miles on the car during my ownership. It has been well maintained during my ownership. I have service records for things I did not do myselfwaffles (some of the records are in Italian though).

During my ownership, in addition to oil/filter changes at prescribed intervals, I have replaced the following:

BF Goodrich G-Force KDW2 225.45.16
    Hawk HB237-480 brake pads (front)
    Repaired #10 terminal in fuse box and replaced fuses #10 & #11
    Power steering hoses
    Vanos line
    O-ring dipstick tube
    UUC caliper rebuild kit for driver's side
    Spark plugs (NGK)
    Valve cover gasket
    Exhaust resonator
    Oil pan gasket
    Coolant level sensor

Within the past 1,000 miles, the following have been completed:
    New clutch
    New guibo
    New oil and filter
    New fuel filter
    Coolant system flushed
    Power steering flushed
    New battery
    Brake system checked

The car has no leaks and runs strong.

A few years ago, the sunroof struggled a little to close and I have not used it since. Currently, I don't know if it functions properly or not.

There is paint fade on the roof.

There are cracks on the dash.

These are the only issues I am aware of.

The build was done in 2010-2011 (owner previous to the owner I bought the car from). I met the owner who conducted the build. He did an amazing job and I will try to list as many details as possible:

Rota Slipstream replicas 16x8 et20 (some curb rash)
    BF Goodrich G-Force KDW2 225.45.16 - 99.9% same rolling diameter as the stock 195.65.14
    Ireland Engineering strut tower brace front & rear
    M52B28 engine
    Swapped to OBD 1
    M50 e34 pan/pickup/dipstick
    M50 harness/DME/manifold/throttle body
    Ground Control coilovers 550/750 with Koni race inserts/shocks - custom valved
    Ground Control modified/reinforced housing
    Ground Control camber/caster plates
    UUC flywheel/segmented Kevlar clutch
    AKG urethane bushings
    Supersprint replica Long Tube Headers - 2 into 1 custom merge - single 2.5" - Dynomax performance cat - stainless muffler with dual 3" straight cut single walled tips
    ZF 320 trans from 98 M3
    TRM 93 octane tune
    Drive shaft from 98 M3
    E36 steering rack
    Ireland Engineering subframe bushings and RTABs
    Re-upholstered seats in cardinal red
    E30 M-Tech 1 rear spoiler
    21mm ST front swaybar (original sway in rear but I have the 19mm ST rear sway)
    UUC big brake kit
    Stainless brake lines
    M-Tech fabric on shift boot and e-brake lever
    At time of build, new control arms, new urethane boots, new mounts and new tie rods
    S52 oil filter housing and valve cover
    2.5 Z4 shifter with UUC double shear selector rod
    ZHP shift knob
    3.25 lsd from e28 535is

Included in the sale is a high-end audio system (installed by the original builder who worked at a car audio installation shop). It is not currently installed because I had to uninstall it prior to shipping the car back to the U.S. and haven't reinstalled it. When installed, the system sounds great and there are no issues with it.

Also included are parts for a turbo/supercharger build (intercooler, custom exhaust manifold Good&Tight from Otis in FL), thicker head gasket, new ARP bolts, etc...).

I also have the a/c compressor, which is not installed.

The car has a clean Carfax and clean title, which I have in hand.

I'm selling for $13,700.

I prefer that you come check it out in person and drive it. I am open to PPIs and can assist with shipping on my end.

For some reason, I can only attach five photos. Please contact me for additional photos or with any questions.

ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1221.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	7250640Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1222.JPG
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	7250641Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1210.JPG
Size:	92.0 KB