X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1989 Alpine White 325is 5speed coupe

Selling another one of my E30's..

SALE PENDING

For sale is my Alpine White 1989 BMW 325IS, with a 5 speed manual transmission. It is undoubtedly one of the cleanest examples you will find in the northeast. It has 192,707 actual miles, the odometer works 100%, and I have maintenance records dating back for about six years that corroborate the mileage.

This is a California car, and spent 25 of its 28 years on the west coast. It starts every single time, and runs beautifully. The sport steering wheel transmits every bit of road feedback to your fingertips. The venerable M20 motor produces torque at low RPM and pulls hard and smoothly all the way to redline, sounding absolutely magnificent at 6,200 RPM. These sensory inputs, when combined on a twisty backroad will make any true enthusiast giggle like a little kid.

The shifter assembly has been rebuilt with delrin bushings, a Z3 shifter, and a Garagistic DSSR. There are no grinds or pops in the shifting whatsoever. The previous owner put a Magnaflow muffler on when the old one needed replacement. Besides these items, the car is completely stock and totally unmolested. The Falken Azeni tires have about 65% tread remaining.

Typical E30 wear is present, such as a slightly cracked dash, and worn, but serviceable sport seats. All electronics and lights work. The air conditioning blows cold.

The body is in remarkably excellent condition. I spent a considerable amount of time on paint correction, and the results speak for themselves. The paint really pops, which is highly unusual for a car of this vintage.

The one flaw in the body is the trunk lid - E30's tend to capture moisture around the edge of the trunk, where the factory seam sealer is. As a result, there is some rust around this edge. I'm modifying the price by $250 to account for a replacement trunk lid. Beyond that, there is a tiny bubble forming next the tow hook, a typical spot for E30's, but in the very early stages.

There is NO other rust on the car.

This is truly a special car, arguably the best year/spec for an E30 (plastic bumper, sport model, no airbag). I am selling because I'm getting an E46 M3 as a weekend toy. I don't have space for both this E30 and another weekend car.

I encourage you to come, check out, and drive the car if you're interested.

PM me for more info.

TLDR FOR R3V

THE GOOD
    -Recent shifter overhaul, delrin garagistic, DSSR, Z3 short shifter. Absolutely amazing setup.
    -Runs and drives beautifully, pulls hard, will make a great daily driver
    -95% of the body is in EXCELLENT condition (California car for most of life)
    -All electronics work, including odometer
    -Working A/C, converted to R134a (California conversion stamp in the engine bay)
    -Documented timing belt job done 26K miles ago
    -Falken Azeni tires with 50% tread left (will measure this w/ tread gauge)
    -It's a pre-SRS Alpine 325iS!!

THE BAD
    -Dash cracked
    -Trunk lid will have to be replaced
    -Very very minor rust bubble by the tow hook
    -Leather sport seats are worn, but serviceable

Last edited by hdizzle; 11-08-2017, 05:50 AM.

Dont see a price for it.

Comment

Originally posted by amcp View Post
      Dont see a price for it.
      Whoops, fixed. Thanks.

Comment

Added some more pics. Timing belt last changed 3/2013 @ 164,000 miles.

Comment

Price drop, plus added more pics after I got my hands on some center caps.

Comment

Pms responded to

Comment

Loving the Lionel Richie tape haha!

Nice and stock example!
              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Working...
              X