• Show
Clear All

FS: 1986 325 low miles

Year: 1986
    Model: 325 2DR with automatic tranny
    Miles: 70k working ODO
    Asking: $5000
    Located in Corpus Christi, TX

I have come to terms with leaving the E30 platform and would like to pass the car on to someone who is looking for a simple and clean E30.

I bought this car about 10 months ago from my neighbor in South Florida after she unfortunately became a widow. I believe she has been the owner since 1987, I have her original bill of sale. Making me the 3rd owner. She drove the car up to the early 90s and garaged the car during her entire time of ownership. The car stopped being used and sat in her garage from starting around the early 2000s.

After sitting for 17 years, I was able to purchase the car from her and started with the process of making it road worthy. Once sorted, I moved from South Florida to SW Texas for work. I drove the car 1300 miles out and daily drove it since moving. I have driven the car several times to Houston from Corpus Christi and back without any problems. I just finished a 750 mile road trip out to Waco, Tx and the surrounding areas in the car. Ran like a champ. Car is great around town and does well on the highway. By no means is it quick, but 75mph its turning around 2100ish rpms and gets low 30mpg.

Things I've done to the car:

Timing belt
    Water Pump
    In tank Fuel Pump
    High Pressure Fuel pump
    5 new tires
    New Drivers Front bearing
    Plugs and Wires
    Cap/Rotor
    Cleaned Injectors
    New Fuel Pressure Regulator
    New Fuel Lines
    New Fuel Filter
    Cleaned MAF
    Cleaned ICV
    New Relays
    New CPS (both)
    New Accessory Belts
    Valve Lash Adjusted

Included with the sale of the car is a box with spare fuel pumps (both), all new coolant hoses, a second set of accessory belts, cam seals, thermostat, original water pump, relays, new hydro-static fan clutch and the roof rack with locking cylinders and fairing.

In addition a large box full of service records from the previous owner which includes a service in the mid 2000s for a re manufactured tranny being placed in the car around the 62k mile mark. All paperwork will be handed over with the sale of the car.

The car is in good shape. Car does not burn oil and shifts as should. Dash is crack free and the odometer works. Seats are in good shape as is the carpet and door cards, headliner is in great shape too.

There are a few things that stick out in terms of flaws. First being, the AC does not blow cold, it has heat and the blower works as should, I would imagine it needs a charge, have not taken that project on yet. Paint is in solid shape, some of the pin strip has been flaking off but there is no rust or exposed metal. One or two small light dings but again, no exposed metal. I have not messed with the sunroof due to the fear that the seal might go if I decide to open it. Currently, it does NOT leak at all. The hand crank for the sun roof needs a new spring in the handle to keep it flush. Coolant level sensor and windshield fluid lights are on. I've tried messing with both but never can get them to remain off, you can hit the clear button and the flashing 'check' on the dash will stop.

I bypassed the SI board. There are no batteries but was able to get the cluster to work correctly. Original batteries were toast and leaked on the SI board which resulted in the board going bad. Original board will be handed over.

ABS light is on, haven't messed with it. Radio works but the antenna is one of those that wont fully sink due to being gunked up it will fully extend though when in use.

I am making an effort to be as transparent as possible. This car could be a really nice driver or a car someone can take out on Sunday. I am located in Corpus Christi, TX. The car has a clean title out of Florida. I am willing to negotiate and will entertain out of state buyers. Please ask questions or send me a message, I will do my best to answer questions and send any specific photos. I am asking $5000. Link to album since these below are smaller - https://postimg.cc/gallery/jwcnqmna/

Last edited by Z06&E30; 04-17-2018, 03:17 PM. Reason: Photo issues.
    86 325
    02 C5 Z06
    02 Z/28 - DD

Off work week bump!
    86 325
    02 C5 Z06
    02 Z/28 - DD

Comment

Ttt
      86 325
      02 C5 Z06
      02 Z/28 - DD

Comment

Off week Bump
        86 325
        02 C5 Z06
        02 Z/28 - DD

Comment

might want to update the link. .org is not working but you can change it to .cc and should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by onesecond View Post
            might want to update the link. .org is not working but you can change it to .cc and should be fine
            odd, formatting changed somewhere in the last week. Should be fixed.

Anyone looking for specific photos please let me know and I can take as requested.
            86 325
            02 C5 Z06
            02 Z/28 - DD

Comment

Mid off week bump.
              86 325
              02 C5 Z06
              02 Z/28 - DD

Comment

hi, im in dallas , check your PM

Comment

pm

Im in dallas, check your pm please

Comment

Bump.
                    86 325
                    02 C5 Z06
                    02 Z/28 - DD

Comment

for anyone trying to look at these pics.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                        for anyone trying to look at these pics.

Lol click em homie.

Magic.
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                          Lol click em homie.

Magic.
                          They don't work when I click them
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Looks like a nice car wish it was closer to me .

Comment

Check pm please

Comment

Working...
                              X