WTB: 325ix Shell (COMPLETED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m looking for a 325ix shell or one with a bad motor to swap my ix’s drivetrain into. As long as there is minimal rust and a complete body and interior I’m interested (doesn’t have to be super clean). I’m in CT zip 06903, have a trailer, am willing to drive up to 2.5 hours, and willing to pay up to 1,200 depending on the condition. Send me a message and I usually respond within a half hour. Thanks
    Last edited by gonomo; 05-29-2018, 03:03 PM.

Still looking

Just wanted to post a little update on my search. I happened to be eating at shake shack and I parked right in front of a 325ix at a mechanics shop without noticing. I spoke to a guy at the front desk and it has a blown motor but sadly it’s not for sale atm. But very weird that I happened upon what i was looking for!

Comment

I was about to link another thread on here for you, but looks you replied to that one already.

this guy has two for sale in Poughkeepsie: https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/...555957760.html

might be worth checking out

good luck with the search man

Comment

Originally posted by fivefootant View Post
        I was about to link another thread on here for you, but looks you replied to that one already.

this guy has two for sale in Poughkeepsie: https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/...555957760.html

might be worth checking out

good luck with the search man
        I saw that one about a week ago. I hesitated to message the owner since he wanted to sell both and because the engine is probably good so I would have to sell it or my current engine. But I sent him a message to see if he would be willing to sell just the IX. Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by gonomo View Post
          I saw that one about a week ago. I hesitated to message the owner since he wanted to sell both and because the engine is probably good so I would have to sell it or my current engine. But I sent him a message to see if he would be willing to sell just the IX. Thanks for the help
          I have a 1991 325ix sedan that I'm looking to sell for cheap. PM me if you're interested in more details and some photos, its located on Long Island.
          Exterior paint needs work but the rust is minimal by Northeastern standards as it was a west coast car most of its life. Clean title.

Comment

i live in darien and have tried to buy that car countless times. it sat in the corner of that shop for like 8 years, he just dragged it out there a couple weeks ago. good luck with the search, ill keep my eyes peeled
            84 325e, Saphirblau Metallic/Houndstooth Sport, OBD-2 M52B28/ zf320

Comment

Bump. Still looking. Thanks for all of the replies.

Comment

Bump

Comment

i emailed this guy a few weeks back and got some pictures.
                  i can send them to you, but don't know if this is too pricey
                  he said it hasn't run more than a couple times in 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by fivefootant View Post
                    https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/...550090473.html

i emailed this guy a few weeks back and got some pictures.
                    i can send them to you, but don't know if this is too pricey
                    he said it hasn't run more than a couple times in 15 years.
                    It is out of my price range but I’ll keep an eye on it. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for all of the help! I am picking up a beautiful IX tomorrow with a snapped timing belt! Very excited for this project and I will probably have drivetrain parts up for sale soon.
                      Last edited by gonomo; 06-02-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

congrats! i hope you'll post the project here so i can follow along haha

Comment

Working...
                        X