1987 e30 vert manual with 91k miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 e30 vert manual with 91k miles

For Sale 1987 manuel BMW e30 325i Convertible with 91xxx original miles on it, and an unoriginal mtech 1 kit $3800

Hey up for sale is my project that I ran out of time to complete it’s a 1987 325i e30 that has super low miles for it’s age. I bought this a few years ago from a young guy who I don’t think knew what it was and have had it stored in my garage and working on it trying to bring it up to speed. Unfortunately, work has made me move away and I don’t have the time to see it to where I wanted it to go. It’s currently being stored at my dad’s garage and waiting for the right person to come along and take it away. The best parts of this car are all what counts, the engine runs strong and starts right up every time. The suspension is tight and doesn’t shake or have much play in it. Obviously the 91k miles means that most of it’s life it’s been babied there’s no check lights on the dashboard that come on when you start it. The timing belt was replaced prior to me owning it in 2014 at 89k miles and there’s a sticker under the hood to show it, I believe the water pump was changed at the same time but don’t have any records for it. It has a mtech1 kit on it that I purchased from a guy down in phoenix and was working on fitting it onto the car. It is not an original MTech 1 kit but the front valance and bumper and rear bumper are currently on the car and seem to be fine. The old bumper and pieces I still have and will consider selling the MTech kit separately and the car as it originally was if I can’t find someone to buy it as is. I’m not interested in shipping the kit so local buyers only. Again I think someone babied this car for most of it’s life until they gave it or sold it to someone else and they left it outside to get dings and scuffs in the paint. I was planning on putting on the kit and painting and redoing the interior and having a nice older vert with 91k miles on it, but life had other plans. So let’s talk about the good

The Miles – I would be surprised to see another e30 this old with 91k miles

The engine – rock solid, have never had a problem with it, changed the oil a few months ago just to keep it clean. Might leak a drop or two of oil if any.

Timing belt and water pump- have less then 2000 miles on them and are about 4 years old. It’s been garaged almost 100% of the time with me the last 3 years so I can’t imagine weather has taken much toll on it.

Suspension – very nice, no shakes that I noticed and rides nice

Transmission – rides smooth and goes in and out of gears easily.

Dash – is crack free again I think another sign that most of the time it was babied

Rust free- you can see the underside of the car and there is little to no rust on this thing I don’t think it’s been out in bad weather.

The engine cover under the hood is in great shape.

Door panels are in great shape

Alright well you’ve heard the good, the bad is mostly cosmetic. Most of the panels have dents or dings in them, not anything major but you will notice them when you come up to the car. There are a few longer scratches as well. I tried my best to take photos of all of them so look closely at the photos but know that in almost every panel there’s some kind of mark. From about 10-15 feet away the car still looks really good. But as you get closer you’ll definitely see the imperfections. On the interior the front drivers seat has a seam that looks like it was resewn poorly and the back seat in the middle near the head rest has a large split. The leather is a bit crunchy but I think overall in good shape especially if someone took the time to condition it. The top is also pretty rough with some tape on the roof and the back window needing to be replaced. The shifting boot also has a hole in the cover. I think those are most of the major things. The bumpers and MTech kit pieces don’t match the paint because I was planning of having everything resprayed once I got it all how I wanted it. The carpet is in good shape as well. I have the original stereo for it, but it’s not hooked up since I haven’t driven it enough. I took it to get a few bids on the paint and the guys all wanted to work on it and said the body was in good shape other then the dings and dents and had no rust. So again, here’s the bad

Exterior – various dings and dents and scratches on almost every body panel.

Interior – Leather is crunchy and front seat and rear seat both have imperfections as the photos show

Top – needs to be replaced.
    Other things to note

The tool box out of the trunk is gone but the jack and wrench are there

The struts to keep the hood and trunk open don’t work

The tires have quite a bit of life left but I’m missing a few caps and things for them.

The AC does not work – I believe it just needs to be recharged although to be honest I wasn’t too worried about it.

Overall it’s a great car, I hope it finds a good home, I’ve tried to be as open as I can with the pictures and descriptions and show the flaws, it’s not a perfect car but it has serious potential. I want to sell it as is for $3800, but after some time I might consider taking the kit off and selling it and then just selling the car how it was. it’s just sitting now but I don’t want to waste a lot of time with tire kickers.

You can see tons of photos here
    Most of these pictures are taken with the euro bumpers on, a few are what the car used to look like
    Last edited by truebelievernh; 07-06-2018, 09:23 PM.

car has been sold

Car was sold today locally, thanks to those who showed interest.

Comment

Working...
    X