• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 M50 Swapped Sedan - $8750

LOCATED IN RUST-DANGER-FREE ZONE
    MIAMI, FLORIDA

M50 Swapped E30 325i manual

Bought it a couple months ago for daily driving duties and it has been an absolute riot, everyone loves it and gets awesome feedback everywhere it goes.

Originally a european 1990 325i brought into Canada, the car was first registered in February of 1990 in Canada till it was brought down by its original owners in 1997 to West Palm. The car was then purchased by its previous owner before me and received a drivetrain swap from an e36 with 97k miles. Estimated mileage now ~100,000 miles with new plugs, injectors, headers, radiator, coolant refresh, and upgraded intake.

I bought the car with the swap done to it, however there were details that needed addressing when I brought it home. I since then have realigned the transmission (hence no shift boot) and the engine as the manifold was hitting the brake booster. I had a Porsche 944 brake booster installed to the vehicle to make room for the manifold and fix the brake feel of the car. I also refreshed all coolant hoses and in the first week of June had the car at SMIT auto getting a new thermostat housing installed and new reservoir tank installed as well. Since then, the car runs below half temp at all times and shows no signs of leaks anywhere of any sort of fluid from the engine.

Interior wise, the car has the original comfort seats that came with it and has held up phenomenally considering its age. The dashboard has zero cracks in it and always stays covered. Blower works at all speeds and hoses are all there for AC. It also has bluetooth handsfree and aux input with good speakers. It is missing the driver's footwell cover (it had a 740 cover that got chopped to fit, I hated it so I threw it away and will source an original for its buyer upon sale). Wipers work at all speeds, blinkers work and return to position when turning, lights are wired to constantly be on during day and night (obviously turn off when car turns off, much safer) PHENOMENAL horn, you'll need that being small driving in Miami.

OBC screen doesnt work however warning lights up top work and sunroof crank popped out (E30's are known for this). Driveshaft could use a rebalance, given the bushings for motor mounts and transmission are poly, the vibrations caused by it are enhanced however the second you blip it or go clutch in, it goes away.

Pros:
    Crack-less dash
    Tinted for Florida's unbearable sun
    Ground Control SPEC E30 coilover conversion with Bilstein shocks installed less than three months ago.
    Stoptech Slotted Rotors in front with Hawk HPS pads
    Toyo R1R tires in rear, all seasons in front
    New paint
    No rust
    All in metric so you'll constantly be training your math conversion skills
    All AC components are there (minus compressor and evap)
    Electric mirrors work
    OG BMW Phone
    Butt warmers (no idea if they work but they're there)
    Condor weighted shiftknob
    Comes with extra driveshaft so you can rebalance it and install

Cons:
    Odometer doesn't turn over and half the cluster lights up (if price is met, I will have that addressed by Leo's Speedometers)
    Drivers seat tear (you cover it while driving so its not that big of a deal but I guess its a con)
    Needs condenser and evaporator
    Headlamp took a knick to its glass cover, I have a spare
    Check engine light because of the headers, brake light due to sensors, ABS light due to relay

For a car this clean with a swap done to it, you will be in more than what I am asking for the car, lowball me and I will happily ignore you. Offer me a trade and I will also ignore you. Title in hand.

Call or text 786-763-922six

LINK TO ALL PICS:
    Last edited by e30esty; 06-18-2019, 05:16 PM. Reason: typo, engine labeling confusion

Was interested in your car but had a couple of questions.

With regards to alignment of the trans and motor, do you know what mounts were used for the install and did you shorten the draveshaft post your alignment adjustment or anything else?

You mentioned on other sites that a shop performed the swap, what shop did the swap?

Is this the same car as the one in your video’s from a few years back?

Is there room in the engine bay for the condenser and evaporator? is everything else for the AC system still there?

Do you have any pics of the underside, under the trunk carpet, basically known E30 rust areas?

Comment

1. The driveshaft was not shortened when the realignment was done. (I have a spare driveshaft in the trunk) The motor mounts are from condorspeedshop, the transmission was realigned to normal as before, 4th was where neutral should have been.

2. I do not remember the name of the shop that did the swap originally but it was done in palm beach.

3. No, that car was unfortunately totaled from a lady texting and driving. It just so happens that this car is an exact copy of the first one, but metric and M50 swapped.

4. All lines are there and the blower motor blows strong and healthy, the condenser is not there, there is an electric fan behind the radiator that when moved to the front as a pusher fan rather than puller fan, will give you the room you need for the condenser.

5. I have undercarriage pics and will take pics of trunk that I can send to you if you give me your contact info.

Comment

Working...
      X