Announcement

Collapse

Classified Forums - Read this first!

Here are a few simple guidelines for this forum. Failure to follow any of these rules will be grounds for your thread to be closed.

Post your information
Post as much info as you can. Say where you are located, where the part is located, the best way to get in contact with you, if you are willing to ship, etc.

Post the item's information
Post as much info as you can. A price must be posted, as well as pictures of the item(s). Post as many pictures as you can, even if it is a common item. A picture tells a thousand words, but it can also conceal another thousand. Links to hosted galleries of images are acceptable, links to eBay and/or Craigslist are not. Once the item sells, please do not edit your ad to remove the price. Many people search through old ads to get an idea what their item may be worth.

If listing a car, post:
-The year and model
-An accurate mileage. If the odometer is broken, post what it reads currently and how many miles you believe it has
-Any aftermarket modifications
-Any known issues or damaged areas
-A price
-As many pictures as possible of every area

If listing wheels and/or tires, post:
-The brand and model
-As many specs as you can, including but not limited to tire size, tread remaining, wheel diameter, width, offset, bolt pattern and centerbore, if multi-piece the lip, barrel and center size. If they have been redrilled post the original bolt pattern and where it was done.
-Any imperfections, including but not limited to curb rash, bends, cracks, repaired areas, scratches. For tires, note any gashes, bubbles, cupping or curb rash
-A price
-As many pictures as possible of every wheel

If listing parts, post:
-What brand and what models it can be used on
-An accurate description
-How long it/they have been used for
-Any imperfections
-A price

For miscellaneous items, post:
-A detailed description of the item
-How long it/they were used for
-Any imperfections
-A price

For WTB threads
-Be as detailed as possible.
-List exactly what you want, what variations you will accept, colors or materials, etc.
-Post what you won't accept. This includes imperfections, colors, models, etc.
-Post a price range of what you are willing to pay (typically based on condition).
-Post where you are located and if you would prefer local pickup.

In case the point was not made, everything being sold on this forum must include a price and as many pictures as possible.
-This is not eBay or Craigslist (or any other buy/sell/trade site). Do not post links to those for your ad. The same goes for linking to ads on other forums... either post your information here or have your thread closed.
-Feeler threads are not allowed. If you're not sure about selling it, don't post it.
-Cross-posting within the R3VLimited forum is not allowed. Choose a single subforum for your ad.
-If listing your item for trade, post what you are looking for, what you feel your item is worth, if you would like cash back or if you have cash to put on top.
-Thread crapping is not allowed. If you're not interested in purchasing the item for sale or have nothing positive to add, stay out of the thread or be prepared for a time out. If you complain about the time out, it will be extended.
-Threads can be bumped a maximum of once per day (24h). You are allowed to respond to others more than once a day.
-If listing multiple items, post them in one thread. Exceptions are cars and wheels.
See more
See less

1989 325ic Zinno w/black - $12k in receipts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 325ic Zinno w/black - $12k in receipts

This 1989 BMW 325 I Convertible is an un-modified turn key car ready for a worry-free cross-country road trip today.

The condition is excellent cosmetically and mechanically. I have 5 keys, original manuals/literature, and partial records going back to when the car was new. There are about $12,000 in receipts included, $9,000 of them from the past 4 years. Every typical E30 problem area has been addressed including the suspension, soft top replacement, fuel pump, and of course, the dreaded timing belt with accessories. I will outline the condition below and have nearly 200 pictures and videos detailing the vehicle condition. I also have time line type excel list documenting all of the known records in order of date.

Exterior:
    Original paint is in excellent shape with no door dings. There are some minor scratches as expected from standard use. The body is straight as an arrow. This car has had garage sparking for most of itís life and you can tell by the condition. Even the plastics around the metal bumpers are not warped at all (most are warped from the sun).

The rear trunk pockets are rust free inside and out which is rare for even California cars. The tail light seals tend to dry up and let rain in that pools in the pockets. Not the case here. I replaced the seal with new ones for good measure.

All of the lights front and rear are in excellent shape. The typical tail light lens spidering is non-existent on this car. The fog lights look new as well.

The top is a new German fabric replacement top. The top and the tension straps were replaced under 20k miles ago and as noted above, the car was stored in a garage. I treated the top to ď303 convertible fabric guardĒ which protects against sun while repelling water and dirt.

The power antenna works flawlessly and silently.

The door handles and locks all work well.

The windshield seems to have been replaced and a new factory chrome trim was used or, the trim original is in like new shape. All other glass is original.

All of the vehicle seals are in great shape. I replaced the tail light seals proactively.

Interior:
    The interior is all original including the factory radio which sounds great.

Dashboard is crack free and a Husco armrest is included.

The black seat leather appears to be original and has no tears, seam splits, or holes. The leather is soft and not dry. The car has heated seats from the factory and both sides warm up quickly.

The carpet is very clean with no significant wear, cigarette burns, or stains.

All of the switches, buttons, levers, controls, and gauge cluster with associated lighting work well. There are no signs that the gauge cluster has ever stopped working. The included records back the mileage.

The HVAC works as it should. The vents all direct air as expected. The heat blows hot, the AC blows cool but, not cold. My guess is a recharge of R-12 alternative is needed. The compressor kicks on and engine compensation performs as expected.

The cruise control works well.

Mechanical:
    The car is in excellent mechanical condition. I would drive it across country right now without hesitation. Every common E30 problem has been addressed to assure a safe, fun, and reliable experience. Classic cars will always need some minor tinkering so, there is no warranty implied here but, I there are not many classic BMWs for sale that are ready for a worry free road trip like this example. The car runs quite and shifts perfectly. Here is a list of notable maintenance items:

5/10/2019: Timing belt and tensioner, head gasket, water pump, cap and rotor, exhaust manifold gasket/plug wire heat shield, thermostat, coolant pipes, coolant flushed, and oil changed.

5/13/2019: Rear OE Bilstein shocks replaced along with Lemforder HD top mounts.

8/20/2018: New brake rotors, pads, and sensors.

7/26/2018: New alternator.

11/17/2017: New tires.

5/12/2016: New OE fuel pump.

4/28/2016: Replaced right control arm, front struts, front strut mounts, front bearing, and rear diff reseal.

6/10/2015: Replaced left control arm and added a new exhaust.

Other large items: new oil pan, new crank position sensor, new battery, new oil pressure sender, new power steering hoses.

Wear and tear:
    The driverís side fender was repainted at one point and the vin label was painted over. This is the only body vin I cannot confirm as a match for originality. The new paint was blended into the hood and driverís side door as expected. Both the hood and door have matching vin numbers indicating they have never been replaced. The paint match is excellent. There is a small paint chip with very minor rust starting to form in the bottom of the repainted fender. The mirrors and third brake light have some sun fade. Quotes I got for the lower fender paint chip repair, repainting the mirrors, and repainting the third brake light cover have ranged from $400-$500 in the Boston, Ma area. The rear metal bumper is oxidizing a bit on one side. These are readily available used for around $50.

Please feel free to look at my flickr album where I have 124 detailed photos and 12 videos. Cold start, driving, convertible top operation, etc. Use the link below. Loading them here doesn't seem to work well these days.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmEjbZf5

The car is currently on ebay with a very modest reserve price however, I would sell outright for $9,000 (negotiable) and end the auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-BMW-3-...AAAOSwhktdAwvt
Working...
X