Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 86 325es - Zinno red, manual in Massachusetts

Hey guys,
    I've been working at a BMW shop in the Boston area for the past year and a half. I had plans to turbo this ES but when the shop I work at suddenly closed last week I'm out of a job, and I don't think I'll be building a race car anytime soon. Really just need the cash, gonna hold on to my turbo stuff I've gathered and when I get another job I'll find another shell.

I get in to the problems the car has down below and if you want me to fix them before hand I would be more than happy to do it, maybe requiring a deposit depending on how much of it you want me to do. Hell I might do it all anyways, I'm just listing it as it sits today.

Anyhow, here's the deal with the car.
    It's zinno red with 209k on the ticker. Interior is great except for drivers seat, which the leatherette is cracked/ coming apart on but isnt worn through, and is still 100% functional. Paint is great in places not great in places, I think a good buff or wetsand would do wonders though. Still shines nice for the most part and looks good but needs a little body work and touch ups at least to look great. I waxed 1/2 of it to make a difference and it's better but it needs someone with more skills than me to bring the paint back. Car looks and drives very solid overall. I also put in a nice Mtech1 wheel with new M flag.

Rear shocks are brand new (probably monroes or something similar). Front shocks good. Front suspension/steering tight. Wheel bearings good, power steering, etc. all great. Tranny/clutch perfect. Rear diff is LSD not sure if it's 2.7x or 2.93. All in all a very solid runner and would make a perfect daily as is.

Mechanically the car is great, exhaust is solid, undercarriage isn't rusty and would make a great beater/daily/project whatever you want to do.

I bought it with all its windows smashed out by the jealous boyfriend of the car owner's girlfriend. Yeah that sucked. So I put glass in from a parts car I bought, as well as brand new lock strip things that hold the front and rear glass tight in the moldings (did you guys know those things were chrome when they were new?!?!) :)

The driver's window needs an adjustment as it binds up sometimes, I'll get on it right away. Drivers door panel isnt perfect either, the handle pulls out on the bottom near the map pocket when you pull it hard I'll try to take care of both of those problems ASAP.

What it needs
    Could use front brakes, I can put some 500 mile old pagid pads in, get brand new pads and brembo rotors or you can deal with it.
    02 sensor shot, runs great with it unplugged hesitates between 2500 and 3000 with it plugged in. Once again I can fix and we can work it into the price or you can take care of it.
    Unknown last timing belt change. If you wanted me to do timing belt, water pump, belts whatever else it needs we can work out a very reasonable price for all of that.
    Finally there's a minor oil leak. I haven't cleaned it up under there but I have a feeling its the oil pan gasket. I'll definitely get it all cleaned up and find out where it is and if you want to work the job into the price Id be more than happy to do it.
    look at the pictures for body damage, there's some rust in normal places and the right rear corner was dented in, I pushed it out but it needs some bondo and paint. 1 fog light lense is cracked. All lights work, passed emissions and safety inspection easily for the previous owner, have the sheet. Foam rear spoiler is split on side that faces forwards but is alright.

I'm asking $1800 as it sits and can do any additional work for very cheap.

Here are pics:

Whole album:
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

If interested please post/PM here or catch me on AIM at m0ssman1L

Thanks for looking
    -Sam

gonna do front brakes and get to the bottom of the oil leak and get it taken care of today, no more moneys needed

Comment

dude you didn't tell me you're selling it....didn't you just buy it too? post some interior pics

Comment

LOL its late...didn't realize you linked a photo album to the post HAHA

Comment

your e30

I will give you $800 cash

Comment

Bump

Comment

bpmack no thanks
              Abel - I'll be in touch.

Everybody else -
              I went to do the oil pan gasket and the drain screw threads were a little fubared so I put on a minty fresh oil pan I was saving for a special car, I guess the special car is this one.

So since I posted new oil pan, oil change of course, front brake pads and a valve adjustment, she purrs.

Price is still $1800 only more firmerer.

Comment

Working...
              X