Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: My 1984 533i 5 speed with 115,000 miles!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: My 1984 533i 5 speed with 115,000 miles!!

Alright guys, I am putting her up for sale... If I don't get any bites, I'll keep her, but the big reason I want to sell is so I can concentrate funds on my 6 series and find a car more suited to winter driving, and something I don't mind putting miles on and abusing...

So... here we have a 1984 533i 5 speed, production date is 5/1984. The car has 115,600 miles as of today, and no mechanical defects that need immediate attention. The paint is the most striking defect on the entire car; as you can see in the driveway picture the roof and hood are faded down to the base coat. No rust is coming through, but the paint is flat gray and splotchy in some areas. The body has parking lot dents and dings but nothing out of the ordinary. Before someone complains about the measly 3.2 liter motor, the 533i is lighter than the 535i / is, and makes only 1less horsepower and 15ft/lbs of torque less than a US spec 535i.

I lipo-sucked the bumpers, and I know some of you might not like the idea from a safety standpoint, but it looks much better than it did with the diving boards! The grilles and kidneys were painted black a year ago and still look good. I only painted the kidneys because they had major pitting and were just ugly... I don't mind the look at all, it's clean. Overall the car is pretty clean for being a driver. The engine bay is not sparkling or anything, but it's not bad either. Pretty much everything has had a wipe-down in the last year or so.

Interior is pretty darn nice. No rips or tears in the black leather seats, all of the door panels and good, and the carpet is very clean. The dash is cracked (imagine that?) but there is a DashMat brand mat on it that does not look bad and really cuts the glare on the windshield nicely. It's got the functional top dash vent that everyone loves, as well as an E30 maplight mirror that functions perfectly. The rear parcel shelf is faded and has some spots of something on it... They come off, I just never bothered to really go after them. The headliner is good except for the right side C-Pillar area where there are some splits from sitting in the sun. I will include the Pioneer Premier head unit for the right price.

Suspension has had some freshening recently. New Meyle lower control arms with special heavy duty reinforced bushings, new Bilstein Sport shocks and strut inserts, new H&R sport springs, and an alignment. I think it may need dog bones, but the boots are not cracked so I am not really sure. The wheels are 16x8 et23 BBSs (not the other brand that looks the same) from an E38 740il. Tires are 225/50/16 Yokohama AVS ES100s with plenty of tread left, and current certs for Discount Tire Co / America's Tire Co. The directional tread causes the car to tramline a bit on some roads, but overall I like how the car drives and handles, it's very sure footed.

In the engine compartment there is a new vertical brake booster switch, new spark plugs (WR9LS), new Bosch plug wires, new cap and rotor, new air filter two weeks ago, and next week the oil will be changed with 20w50 Valvoline and a new Purolator filter, just like I have done every 3000 miles since I have owned her (99,500 is the mileage when I purchased the car). I will also be installing a new booster to master cylinder O-ring to eliminate the slow power steering fluid leak. Other than that, the motor leaks NO oil or other fluids. The temperature needle stays below half way even in our recent 90+ degree heat, and the AC works! I installed the Bosch 4 pintle injectors about a year ago. The idle is nice and smooth, the motor pulls very smoothly and is quite strong and willing. Throw out bearing makes a little rumble with the clutch out, but I am willing to replace it for the new owner. Almost forgot that recently I installed a 535i resonator and muffler.

Problems:

When the heater is on the fan makes noise, AC fan is quiet
    Sway bar links might need replacement
    Dog Bones may also need replacement, but like I said I am unsure.
    Throw out bearing is getting noisy, I can replace.

My asking price, based on my feeler thread that I posted a while ago, is $3000. PM, email, or even call me if you want. I am not excited about selling this car, but for my asking price I will let her go. I may even throw in a 535is / M5 front air damn that I have for her if you ask me nicely.

Ian Spivey
    wikidchikin@comcast.net
    720-935-5087

Thanks for looking!

'88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Bump?
    '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Bump for a fellow 533i owner:)

Comment

Car looks gorgeous, I just wish I could afford it.... Or I wish you were closer ;)
        Max

Comment

Working...
        X