1989 325is e30 S52 Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 325is e30 S52 Engine

I'm moving and don't have room to keep two cars, and I need the 4 doors on the e36 m3 for practicality.
    • 1989 BMW 325is 162,192 miles
    • S52 from a 1996 M3 with OBDI swap 109,192 miles (current) [Swapped at 105,000 miles]
    • Matching ZF 5 speed transmission
    • Matching E36 M3 Steering Rack
    • 3.25 LSD
    • 540 HFM
    • 24 lb injectors
    • Turner ECU/DME Chip
    • New clutch kit installed at swap (pressure plate, throwout bearing, pilot bearing, etc.)
    • UUC Short Shift Kit (SSK)
    • Lower temperature radiator switch
    • M3 Evo Steering Wheel (new from dealer at time of swap)
    • SPAL thin puller fan
    • Functional A/C (recently recharged with 134a)
    • New O2 Sensor
    • New leather shift boot
    • Keyless entry
    • ABS
    • OE US Projectors

Misc. Swap Parts:
    • E30 M3 wiring cover over firewall
    • E36 M3 Driveshaft
    • OBDI swap parts (various sensors and intake manifold)
    • Treehouse Wiring Adapter
    • Custom E21 Brakebooster
    • e34 oil pan, oil pickup tube, dipstick (new gaskets, etc.)
    • e36 throttle cable
    • e28 M5 motor mounts
    • New thermostat, water pump (BMW OE)
    • New belts
    • Custom header-back exhaust 2.5" with new cat, resonator, muffler, and OE style tip
    • New driveshaft guibo
    • New oil, filters, etc.
    • SEE www.e30dohc.com FOR SWAP JOURNAL WITH PICTURES AND MORE INFORMATION

Pretty much everything I touched I replaced with dealership parts.

The interior is black on tan, but I have the original mint tan door panels if you'd like them replaced (I can install them when you buy the car or you can pick them up).

I also have some black vinyl seats from my roommate if you want to complete the interior swap.

Please post questions! The swap info is on e30dohc.com.

The only issues:
    • Cruise control is not hooked up (all functional, just not hooked to throttle plate).
    • The oil level sensor light is on because no oil level sensor is hooked up. There is an oil level sensor on the pan.

California residents: I will smog the car when you agree to purchase. I will have to take the car to a SMOG referee. After which, it can be smogged anywhere.

$11,500 obo

Check out all the pictures:
    Last edited by bdi_fc; 07-24-2007, 11:05 AM. Reason: Updated price.
    E30 Wiki: e30dohc.com/wiki

Nice job, 2" lower and it'd be real bad ass. GL with the sale.
    Originally posted by blunt
    i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

If this was December, I would buy this car right now, but I can't :(, I need another 4k$, and I won't have that until december. If you still have this..omg-

GL with the sale.
      The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Comment

Just noticed it hasnt even been approved by the referee. Shittay.
        i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
          A phone call and $40 and suddenly it's not so shitty.

Comment

bump o nice ride dude.,
            1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
            1987 e30 325 eta
            1983 e28 533
            2001 x5 4.4l
            1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
            1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

if your going to build one that is how you do it, very nice man good luck!
              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Very nice car & engine swap. Does it have a 5 lug swap?
                When do the current tags expire?

Do you have any background info on this type of swap & the CA smog police? I've only seen one other swap like this in CA that had the "BAR" smog sticker (meaning that it passed the smog referee test). It sold in San Diego @ a year ago.

Thanks,
                Jack
                [I

Comment

Originally posted by cactusjacks1 View Post
                  Does it have a 5 lug swap?
                  Have you looked at the pictures.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................?

Beautiful Sleeper Good luck with the sale!
                  Recent Rebranding!!
                  Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                  E30 SM62/S62
                  E30 M60 V8
                  E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                  Instagram.com/garageaholic
                  Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Very nice car & engine swap. Does it have a 5 lug swap?
                    When do the current tags expire?

Do you have any background info on this type of swap & the CA smog police? I've only seen one other swap like this in CA that had the "BAR" smog sticker (meaning that it passed the smog referee test). It sold in San Diego @ a year ago.

Thanks,
                    Jack
                    Looked at your album of all photo's & answered my own questions. Look's like a 4 lug & your pic of the door jamb shows you have already got the "BAR" sticker - it just needs a current smog to transfer ( CA law) the car to the new owner.
                    [I

Comment

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
                      You are incorrect - if you look at his additional pictures, you will see the approval "BAR" sticker from CA, on his door jamb. That means that the car passed all emissions (visual & tailpipe emmissions) required by CA & has been approved to be licensed in this state.

The state requires any sale on a car, to have a current valid smog certificate in order for a title transfer (change of ownership) - this is what he is referring to when he offers to get it smogged! He is smartly, following the letter of the law & doing it right - just like it appears he has done the conversion right.
                      [I

Comment

You are incorrect - if you look at his additional pictures, you will see the approval "BAR" sticker from CA, on his door jamb. That means that the car passed all emissions (visual & tailpipe emmissions) required by CA & has been approved to be licensed in this state.

The state requires any sale on a car, to have a current valid smog certificate in order for a title transfer (change of ownership) - this is what he is referring to when he offers to get it smogged! He is smartly, following the letter of the law & doing it right - just like it appears he has done the conversion right.
                        To be clear: I have not yet smogged the car post swap.

However, it is my intent to have the car ref'd before the transfer/sale is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by bdi_fc View Post
                          To be clear: I have not yet smogged the car post swap.

However, it is my intent to have the car ref'd before the transfer/sale is complete.

Ohhh, up yours catcusjack lol. BDI, not doubting the job done at all. Just pointing out that there could be some small hang up here and there, and it should be pointed out before someone drives over an hour to go there for the purchase.... Thats all. Nice ride, and GL with the sale.

Comment

$11,500

Comment

$100 if you find someone that buys the car.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X