Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 Calypso 325i 2 door auto - 116k miles - Massachusetts

Hey you guys.
    A friend wanted an e30 so I bought this car for him and he changed his tune on me so I've gotta get rid of it.

Previous just owner put a new motor in it from Bavarian Engine Exchange or whatever its called out in Cali. Have the receipt, 2 year warranty with 6+ months remaining. Guy paid $1200 and motor has 195 compression on all cylinders says the paperwork/writing on motor About 2 miles on the new motor. Guy couldn't get it to run with the new motor in and I bought it and fixed it. Scroll down for what parts were replaced.

Interior is BEAUTIFUL. Seats are mint nonsport pleather tan. No cracks in dash interior is a 9/10 easily.

It has been sitting for a while so there are a couple of issues that will hopefully work themselves out as the car is driven a bit. The brakes drag a bit but in my experience driving the car and using the brakes will take care of that. If it doesn't I have a set of calipers around.

The reason the car wouldn't run was a combination of a few things but especially the harness connector under the intake manifold was all corroded so I rewired it solid. Also replaced air flow meter, alternator, coolant temperature sender, coolant gauge on cluster, battery, 2 window switches, blower motor, blower motor resister and a coolant hose since I got it.

The door locks are a bit finicky and keyless didn't work so I wired a black widow alarm to the door actuators directly, works perfectly but the alarm part isn't hooked up, just the keyless. Siren and everything else will be included. The key for the ignition isn't perfect but with a little touch you can turn the ignition in 1-5 seconds depending how lucky you are, but replacing the tumbler isn't the end of the world.

Has a baller tape deck. Everything in the interior works.

Anyhow, paint is pretty decent but it has its flaws. Probably average with below average rust for a new england car. Small spots on bottom of 1 front fender and left rear of car under tail light. Bumpers have some cracks and the clear is peeling on trunklid. Oh and it has an old school valence not sure why.

Car needs a rear muffler and a driver, that's about it.

Check out the rest of the gallery here:
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I'm asking $2000 as it sits, $2100 with the muffler replaced with a good used one, $2200 with a new one.

Let me know if you have any questions
    -Sam
    Last edited by Mossman; 08-24-2007, 01:48 PM.

I happened to see that ad on C-list. New engine couldn't get it started 750 or 900 obo was what I remembered.

Comment

that's it. Air flow meter got it started but it quickly started running like poop cuz it wasnt charging. Threw an alternator in and it charges but for some reason still behaves oddly when first started. I've never had an issue just like this one on an e30 so I'm not entirely sure what the problem is but if no one snags it soon it'll all get fixed up.

Comment

bump for a good seller and a nice car

Comment

I flashed out the check engine light and it was for coolant temp sensor which makes perfect sense. So I threw one in that I had laying around and it is doing the same thing. guess it could be wires, ECU or unlikely but a bum sensor. I'll get back on it tomorrow.

Also forgot to mention the muffler is crap. I don't have a good used one, I do have one that the outside is in good shape but its raspy as hell and sounds pretty bad, but it might pass inspection and some people thought it sounded good on my car, but it made me crazy (when I had the top down).

Comment

Check the harness that goes to the 2 sensors at the the tstat. Others have had problem with the wiring becoming corroded or exposed, causing the DME to not receive a correct signal and thus throwing a DTC.

Comment

Where in MA are you located?
              I may want to come take a peek!

Comment

Kangamangus I'll PM you.

Everyone else it runs mint now. I think a lot of little problems were contributing to the problem, but all sorted out now, rewired stupid c101 connector or whatever they call it that connects the injector harness to main harness, the one that gets dripped on by Tbody heater hoses and gets all corroded.

Anyhow long story short runs mint now, needs a muffler badly and that's all I can see mechanically. If you wanna slap a plate on it you are more than welcome to drive it, i can get it up on jackstands for you, whatever.

Tomorrow Im gonna wire up an alarm/keyless entry cuz the door lock cylinders are kinda finicky.

Comment

uppppsadaisy

Comment

and then

Comment

Working...
                    X