1985 325e fs:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 325e fs:

Hey guys. Unfortunately I have to sell my e30. I bought the car in June of this year and planned to use it as my daily driver to drive back and forth to college. I put countless hours into the car making it roadworthy and run to its fullest potential. I pretty much spent the entire summer working on the car. I got the car to run beautifully and only had to fix a brake line to make it 100% roadworthy. What I didn’t plan on is that my school would raise the price of parking from $0 (free) to $450 per semester and I simply don’t have that kind of money being a college student. My parents don’t want 2 of my cars sitting at home, so naturally, this one has to go. The car runs beautifully and drives fine, but only has front brakes. The interior (minus the driver seat) is in great condition and ALL the electronics work (even the sunroof!).

The car does include some e30 rarities such as 1 black sport seat with no rips, the maplight mirror, and an LSD (limited slip differential).

Included is the following list of items I have replaced or will include with the car:

Timing belt with tensioner
    Valve cover gasket
    6 Bosch spark plugs
    Mahle fuel filter (included but not installed)
    2 Mann oil filters (one filter is currently being used; fresh oil changed with Castrol GTX
    Upper and lower radiator hoses
    Graf water pump
    Thermostat with new seals
    Bosch distributor cap
    Bosch distributor rotor
    3 new belts (ac, alternator, power steering)
    New antenna
    2 new low-beams
    Every exterior bulb except the foglights has been replaced
    Fresh coolant flush with BMW blue coolant and distilled water
    New battery
    Tires have plenty of tread left on them
    Clutch is good; no slipping or hesitating

Now keep in mind the car is no where near perfect. The paint on the driver’s side, roof, and trunklid is faded. The passenger side has decent paint, but possesses the most rust with the biggest problem areas being under the gas lid and behind the front and rear fenders. To make the car 100% roadworthy, 2 brake lines will need to be fixed. I started taking them apart but ran out of time before school started. I will include a few of the lines needed to fix the problem. The car drives fine, but it is hard to get into gear because of the broken brake line (This car uses the brake fluid to get the car in gear (slave cylinder). When there is fluid in the lines the car shifts beautifully. The mileage on the odometer doesn’t work and it needs a new e-brake cable. It will also need a new driver’s seat and mounts because the previous owner replaced it with a cloth one.

Now you won’t be winning car shows any time soon with this 325, but the car runs great and once the brake line is fixed will make a great daily driver. Fix it and drive it, part it out, buy it for parts or even make a spec e30 or track car, swing by and pick it up before my mom kills me. I am a BMW enthusiast and replaced what I deemed necessary. The car was properly taken care of while I owned it. Where are you going to find a running car for under $800?

Last edited by e34 530; 08-11-2012, 11:38 AM.

rough estimate on mileage? where at in new jersey?

also, what all would it need to be drivable? like if i would come down there, what parts would i need to bring to put it together and drive it home.

Comment

Originally posted by jhower08 View Post
      rough estimate on mileage? where at in new jersey?

also, what all would it need to be drivable? like if i would come down there, what parts would i need to bring to put it together and drive it home.
      odo's at 252k. Like I said, you would have to buy a few brake lines to get it home and it's not something that gonna take 20 minutes, it really should be trailered if your not within a few miles. Oh and I live in Bricktown, at the Jersey Shore.
      Last edited by e34 530; 09-10-2007, 07:27 PM.

Comment

alright thanks man, ill keep it in mind.

Comment

Car really has to go, sister just got her 1st car and that's another car that's going to have to sit in front of the house.

Comment

New price...$600

Comment

sold

Comment

Working...
              X