FS: 1997 M3 w/69k miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1997 M3 w/69k miles

A friend of mine is selling his Alpine/Dove Gray M3 in Ohio. I just detailed this car (Zaino, Leatherique, etc.), and it is very nice. The car is bone stock with the exception of Zimmerman cross-drilled rotors and Hawk HPS pads. He bought it a few years ago, and has basically let it sit around in his garage. It is seldom driven anymore, hence the low miles.

The car presently has just under 69k miles on it. Runs great, no apparent issues. He's asking $15k, but may be willing to negotiate.

Please email me for additional information.

Thanks!
    Garrick

Garrick
    1989 325is
    DSP #72

Here's the owner's summary of the car:

The car is equipped is a 5 spd, equipped with a 6-disk CD, Harmon Kardon, factory alarm, onboard computer, always garaged, summer driver, newer battery, 4 new Michelin Pilot Primacy, 4 new Zimmerman cross-drilled rotors and Hawk HPS pads, stock engine w/ Amsoil, comes w/ BMW car cover, receipts and CarFax included $15000, reasonable offers considered.

The first owner was a professional golfer for Alabama who moved to Columbus on 2/28/98. In 13 months he put 7000 miles on it. He sold it to a woman who worked in the pro-shop on 3/27/98. She had a major service done on 8/20/01 at 44,310 miles (driven 11,300 miles per year). She sold it to her best friend on 11/14/01 at 46,010 miles (according to her friend, she wanted a 993). This friend (Cindy) provided the oral history, CarFax the dates/mileage. These women are both in the early 50’s now. She sold the car to me on 4/27/04 at 64,172 miles (driven approx 7500 miles per year). She said she wanted a Porsche like her friend Christine had.

The CarFax on this vehicle is up to the point I bought it, but a newer one can be gotten. The first one reports 2 previous owners before me (I think that part is wrong), no accidents or problems of any sort. I have not had any accidents and the vehicle has been garage-stored during the winter since at least 2001. When I asked Cindy for any maintenance records, she could only provide 3 receipts (ones that she had). The first two are a purchase of four Pole Positions from Tire Rack and a mount/balance from a local tire shop (mid July ’02 at 48300 miles). The third is from a service center that is for a tune-up and to clear a code. Apparently she didn’t tighten the fuel filler cap enough. That was cleared on 9/10/03 at 58,998 miles.

That summer (’04) I put in a new air filter, changed to Amsoil 10W-30 at 65351 miles, and had the right-rear wheel repaired and repainted. It had a slight flat spot on the inside lip. I replaced the battery on 4/1/05 with an OEM-spec Type 49 lead-acid (60 month/825 CCA). I replaced 2 of the plastic jack-pucks that were missing on 6/17/05 and bought a touch-up kit. I bought new fog light assemblies (the old ones were both cracked) on 12/20/05, and installed Stongard on them. I installed Michelin Pilot Primacies, Zimmerman cross-drilled rotors and Hawk HPS’s at all four corners on 1/13/06 at 67803 miles. There was nothing wrong with the brakes, just so you know. I bought the Hawks to keep the dust down and threw in the rotors for good measure, and because they look better. The Pole Positions sold on Craigslist (Michelin makes the best tires in my opinion).

The car was recently taken to Dent Wizard to have a few small dents removed (no touch up paint was needed). The dents came with the car. Garrick detailed the interior and exterior after that. I should say the windshield has a small chip in it that I’ll get repaired soon. There’s also some minor touch up work to do on the front, but that won’t take long. After that, my plans include Stongard for the front end (hood, grill area and air dam) and maybe some engine detailing. Those may go to next year depending on weather and if it sells.

Here are a few recent pictures of the driver's seat (after leatherique leather cleaner and conditioner). Not shiny, just clean and soft. Passenger and rear seats are in even better shape.:

Garrick
    1989 325is
    DSP #72

Comment

A good friend of mine paid 20k for a silver/black car in the same condition a few years back. Whoever buys this will have a creampuff!
      '89 325i track sloot
      '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

wow this thing has no miles at all! 69k is very low.

15k is a tad bit high but given the low miles and condition of the car, I think its on mark. GLWTS for your friend.

Comment

hey where exactly in ohio is this located......i'm from parma ohio.

Comment

please pm me if the car is stil for sale........very interested!

Comment

Originally posted by Cvjeticanin View Post
              hey where exactly in ohio is this located......i'm from parma ohio.
              Just north of Columbus, and yes it is still for sale. It's been in storage since the ad was posted. The car is not driven during the winter months. Shoot me an email and I'll forward it onto the owner.

Thanks!
              Garrick
              Garrick
              1989 325is
              DSP #72

Comment

i feel something wet in my pants haha.. awesome condition bump GLWS

Comment

wow. (this is the car i fell in love with when i was a kid.)
                  Greg

Comment

If this isn't on bfc yet, then it should. That'll sell quick in that condition with maybe a little price break.
                    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Racer View Post
                      Just north of Columbus, and yes it is still for sale. It's been in storage since the ad was posted. The car is not driven during the winter months. Shoot me an email and I'll forward it onto the owner.

Thanks!
                      Garrick

Looks like new albany

Comment

Working...
                      X