1989 325is - S52 SWAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 325is - S52 SWAP

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_143210.jpg Views:	7 Size:	71.3 KB ID:	9863734
    Disclaimer - Hello Rev! Finally getting around to post my car up on the forum. Ive had the car on facebook and have had a few interested parties, however no one with cash in hand yet. I have lowered the price to $18,500 as i think this is a more fair price. Im willing to come down lower without the RS wheels included. Im not interested in going back and forth with people that don't think the car is worth my asking price and as a result, i wont be replying to any of your drama. This car is not a show car, but its a damn nice example of a e30 swap and is extremely solid and reliable. Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

Selling my beloved E30. I bought this car from a seller that had the intentions of restoring the car, but never moved forward with his plans. Over the last 2-3 years I’ve spent countless hours and thousands of dollars revamping it. This car gets many compliments and thumbs up on the road and is extremely reliable. The car was meticulously maintained at Castros during my ownership and I have receipts to provide to seller for service and performance upgrades. The car is not currently BAR’D, however it could easily be done. The car has roughly $13k in upgrades, I have receipts for about $9k of service/repairs at Castros, and the swap cost would add around another $7k-9k to building this type of car (in addition the actual cost of the 325is which go for 6-10k these days for a really clean one).

The California title is clean with the exception of a minor fender bender that happened on the front passenger side before I bought the car. There was no structural damage whatsoever and the car was professionally repaired with new oem fender. The car was also repainted at some point in its life with its original color (im guessing about 6 years ago). I had the paint corrected after I purchased the car and glazed a few years ago. Many people have said that this is the shiniest red e30 they’ve ever seen. The car originally had cracked trim and sagging bumper issues so I bought front/rear bumpers from a different e30 and installed new oem euro trim. I had the bumpers repainted at Exoticar (very reputable shop) in Los Angeles and they also painted all the window/door trim satin black. There are some minor paint chip issues on car and around the driver side front fender from the aggressive stance. The interior is super clean with minor cracks in seats from age and no cracks at all on dash.

The car has zero rust, however it has some battery acid rot in the rear passenger side of car which seems to be a normal e30 issue. It’s under control and I was planning on replacing the whole rear lower valence of the car or having Body shop weld in some metal to area at some point.This is not visible while looking at car, but eventually should be taken care of. The car comes with lots of random spare parts, a spare sunroof panel and motor, oem IS lip, spare rs faces, spare painted window trim, IS lip splitter, spare tail lights, obd computer, etc.

-1989 325is (chasis believed to have 120k miles)
    -S52 motor from 99’ m3 believed to have 88k miles + converted to obd1
    -ZF transmission
    -New M3 clutch
    -Short shift kit
    -Ground control Suspension
    -New tie rods
    -New suspension bushings
    -e36 m3 steering rack
    -New power steering pump
    -Garagastic strut brace
    -BBS RS Wheels w/ spare faces (+ $800 value) 16x8.5 / 9.5 - tires are like new
    -Mtech 1 spoiler
    -Mtech 2 small Steering wheel
    -OEM Is skirts/new to car IS oem painted bumpers/ oem Euro trim
    -Yakima Roof racks
    -e30 m3 seats (have heater switches but not hooked up)
    -euro rear seats w arm rest and head rest
    -Suede Headliner
    -M50 manifold
    -New radiator
    -New brakes/pads
    -Castro CAI airbox
    -Custom Exhaust w/ sport muffler
    -RK tunes
    -Euro Smoked headlights
    -Smoked front turn signals
    -Professionally painted All red tails
    -Euro plate filler
    -OEM euro clock
    -Leather shift boot and ebrake handle
    -330ci shift knob
    -Alpine head unit w/ usb input
    -new oem rear speakers
    -almost complete tool kit
    -car cover
    -bmw windshield reflector

**im sure im missing some parts above. Please let me know if you have any questions!

CAR IS SOLD. THANK YOU.

Car located in Los Angeles - Carfax available upon request

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_143209.jpg Views:	8 Size:	67.5 KB ID:	9863733

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_143211.jpg Views:	7 Size:	117.2 KB ID:	9863737
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ak_47; 06-03-2020, 03:40 PM.

Click image for larger version  Name:	e301.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	9863744Click image for larger version  Name:	e307.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	9863745

Click image for larger version  Name:	e308.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.5 KB ID:	9863746

Click image for larger version

Name:	e306.jpg
Views:	6890
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	9863747

Comment

working a/c? Link to more pics?

Beautiful car. Might have someone come and take a look for me that is local to you.
      17 Range Rover Sport SVR
      14 Q5 TDI S-Line
      ...on the hunt for another E30.

Comment

Originally posted by bmoores View Post
        working a/c? Link to more pics?

Beautiful car. Might have someone come and take a look for me that is local to you.
        Thank you! The AC was removed from car, however all lines are still in tact if someone would like to reinstall other pieces. Im working on getting more pics of car, as well as some walk around/driving videos uploaded this weekend. Youre welcome to send someone over to look at car anytime!

Comment

Would like to see some interior shots!

Comment

Wow glws…..

Comment

Thanks guys! sorry for delay on additional photos. I will get to it this week.

Comment

Post some interior shots!

Comment

Is that just a DIY front lip? It's super clean

Comment

Car is gorgeous dude!
                    Current_SeeDee 1972 e10 Luna 1975 e10
                    Past___Veronica 1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Comment

Bump for a great seller. I spoke with him as soon as I saw the car on r3v FB and while we couldn't strike a deal, I would encourage people to check this car out as it is not misrepresented at all, and the seller was very responsive to my requests for additional video of all kinds to get the clearest understanding possible about the car. Honest and standup guy
                      Current:
                      2011 E92 M3
                      2003 E46 Touring

Past:
                      (1991 318is S50-swapped track rat)
                      (2011 135i)
                      (2008 135i)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by juntsky View Post
                        Is that just a DIY front lip? It's super clean

Thanks! Its an "I" lip

Comment

Originally posted by Spyke View Post
                          Car is gorgeous dude!
                          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by i_love_cars View Post
                            Bump for a great seller. I spoke with him as soon as I saw the car on r3v FB and while we couldn't strike a deal, I would encourage people to check this car out as it is not misrepresented at all, and the seller was very responsive to my requests for additional video of all kinds to get the clearest understanding possible about the car. Honest and standup guy
                            Thanks man! I hope all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by kpeng View Post
                              Post some interior shots!
                              Posting now

Comment

Working...
                              X