1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (951) Slicktop - pics and details added 8/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (951) Slicktop - pics and details added 8/28

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo *updated post with pics and more details* 57,213 miles as of 8/25/2019 Slicktop Black interior, non sport seats This is a low mile car that needs a bit of TLC. The interior has some wear courtesy of Florida, where it spent the first decade or so of its life - most notably a cracked dash and some faded trim pieces. There is a crack in the bottom of the driver seat, as well as some bolster wear. I do not have the original steering wheel, unfortunately. The car has been fitted with aftermarket speakers in the doors, an aftermarket Alpine receiver with BT and an amp in the trunk. I was not responsible for any of it, but it all appears to have been fairly well done and the sound isn’t too shabby either (I’m not a stereo guy, but it meets my standards). There are dings and scratches, but the paint still shines and appears to be original. Make no mistakes about it, this is a carefree driver, autocross car or a modest project to make into a $25k car. Mechanically speaking, the car runs and drives well, the motor pulls as it should and has no issues that I have detected. The car stops as it should and without any shakes, shimmies, etc. I have done ~65 miles of mixed highway and city driving over the past two days, with a few spirited on and off ramps - no issues. The car reportedly had the timing belt and water pump done within the past 24 months, but I am without documentation (previous owners word). This is not my first 944, and won’t be my last, but the timing isn’t right to keep this one (winter is approaching and my wife deserves a garage spot). Update to original post, with more pics and carfax below. The good: -Clean MO title, in hand (FYI - cars of this age are mileage exempt in MO, idk why, but you’ll see that on the carfax and title). -Runs, drives as you would expect -No pulls, shakes, shimmies when driving -brakes stop, hard -No smoke on startup or under any other circumstances (can send videos to any interested party) -headlights and fog lights work as they should -electric windows are operational -power driver seat is operational -wipers (front and rear) work -no leaks from rear glass or hatch lid -power locks work as they should via key and console button -hatch shocks are good -no rust The not so good: -hand full of small dings (largest is about a 1/2 dollar size) -rock chips and some scratches and swirls in areas (confident a proper detail will really make her shine) -hazards are working, but turn signals via the signal stalk are not. I have done zero trouble shooting, but research lends itself to a simple fix, likely a bad contact at one of four corners -passenger electric mirror is intermittent (driver side works fine) -there was a small engine bay fire. Per the carfax it occurred on 12/12/2007, and then passed inspection and was sold 13 months later (see below). The only residual damage that I have identified is in the engine bay, where you can see some minor melted plastic on the edges of the PS and washer fluid tanks. Both still hold fluid as they should. Aside from that, I can not identify anything else related to that incident. -aftermarket shift knob is dumb and doesn’t fit right. I’m actively looking for a used OEM replacement bc I hate the current one. That’s all I can think of. I’ve emailed and PMd with a few folks and have a couple of offers a bit south of where I’d like to be. Feel free to PM me or text me at five one six - five eight seven - two one five two Located in Kansas City, MO. Happy to assist with shipping. I sold an 84 944 on Pelican 2 years ago and shipped her to Mass. Asking $12,000. Clean title in hand. More pics and videos available. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Joe G; 08-28-2019, 11:25 AM.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
    Sounds like you need a massage.
    Originally posted by kpeng
    Who the hell is Vlad?

Joe, how is the condition of the clutch? Any slippage? Any major service performed recently? Do you have any receipts and history on this car? Factory original sticker?

Comment

Clutch feels good to me, a bit heavier than the NA 944 I had, but no slippage that I’ve noticed. PO told me the timing belt was done 24 months and 3k miles ago, but I do not have any documentation on that or anything else on the car. Title is clean and I tried to price the car fairly considering the lack of history or records. At the end of the day it’s a relatively low mileage, running driving 951. Feel free to PM me to chat more - happy to exchange phone numbers. Cheers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

She's a beaut! I always wanted one of these. My dad had one growing up in black also. GLWS!

Comment

Pics taken yesterday, 8/27/2019 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Update: $10,500 obo Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Bump. Finders fee of $100 paid to anyone who puts me in contact with a buyer. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Bump. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Vlad?