No announcement yet.

***SOLD***** FS: 1986 BMW 318i S50 swap slicktop Malachite Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've driven this car, and it actually has my old wheels on it.

This thing is very solid, and I'm sure it's got better since I drove it. Looks like some parts were added.

Great car and I think your price is very fair, good luck!
    WNY e30 Group on FB, feel free to join if you're from the area!

@mriterphoto on instagram

"Being airborne in an e30 is one of the worst ideas that I've done more than a couple dozen times"

me-"I've got one of those rare 7cyl low-comp S62's"
    MattAvino- "Those aren't rare"

Comment

I appreciate the kind words! I've been on the fence about selling this for a long while now. On the one hand, coilovers and weaves would clean this up nicely and I should just hold onto it forever. On the other hand, there's a lot of other cars out there I want to own before my time is through. Open to offers!

Comment

bump

Comment

Bump, price drop to $10,500!

Comment

Any interest in a non-BRG Miata? I've got a very nice Laguna blue NA with 80,000 miles. First owner was literally a little old lady. I've kept it completely stock, but have been checking off all the maintenance items this year. The car has fresh oil, new timing belt (and all related accessories, seals, etc.), brake rotors and pads. Also fresh trans, brake, and diff fluid. Have completed all of that in the last 100 miles. About to order some new tires and maybe some stainless brake lines. The car is non-power steering. No A/C. 5-Speed, and led a very easy life in Idaho before I won it in a fundraising raffle (no, I'm not kidding). It's very much a perfect enthusiast-spec NA, and there is not a SINGLE SPECK of rust on it. I'd be willing to throw some cash down in a trade and meet you half way between CO and Eastern, WA! PM me if you're interested. It's basically the perfect example of an NA, as is. Or the cleanest palette to start a fresh build.

Comment

Originally posted by kyldare View Post
              Any interest in a non-BRG Miata? I've got a very nice Laguna blue NA with 80,000 miles. First owner was literally a little old lady. I've kept it completely stock, but have been checking off all the maintenance items this year. The car has fresh oil, new timing belt (and all related accessories, seals, etc.), brake rotors and pads. Also fresh trans, brake, and diff fluid. Have completed all of that in the last 100 miles. About to order some new tires and maybe some stainless brake lines. The car is non-power steering. No A/C. 5-Speed, and led a very easy life in Idaho before I won it in a fundraising raffle (no, I'm not kidding). It's very much a perfect enthusiast-spec NA, and there is not a SINGLE SPECK of rust on it. I'd be willing to throw some cash down in a trade and meet you half way between CO and Eastern, WA! PM me if you're interested. It's basically the perfect example of an NA, as is. Or the cleanest palette to start a fresh build.
              I appreciate the offer but I actually just dropped the price because I found a Miata :)

Comment

Cool car, would love to see the engine bay to get an idea on how well the swap is on the car

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	engine 2.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	9923443 Click image for larger version

Name:	engine1.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	9923444

Comment

Sorry it took so long to get engine pics!

Comment

Originally posted by redearedslider5 View Post

I appreciate the offer but I actually just dropped the price because I found a Miata :)
                      Ah, well, too bad for me! But congrats on the Miata. What'd you find?

Comment

Originally posted by kyldare View Post

Ah, well, too bad for me! But congrats on the Miata. What'd you find?
                        Crazy part is that I'm still tempted, haha. I suppose if you had enough cash on your offer it'd be hard to say no. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it further. I have an MSM with Hydra and bigger injectors etc, ~240whp.

Comment

was the swap done by you or a shop, where was the engine from, is ac hooked up?

Edit: missed the part about it coming from a M3

Comment

I purchased the car with the swap already done. He said Turner Motorsport did the swap but he couldn't verify it, as the owner previous to him did the swap. There isn't A/C equipped, as it's generally built to be a lightweight car, with manual windows, slicktop, no pop out rear windows, etc. The swap runs great, no strange behavior or vibrations or anything like that and it starts up every time, no problem. One noteworthy thing is that the 318i didn't come with a tachometer in the gauge cluster, so there is an aftermarket one placed beneath the radio. I have an OEM e30 tachometer that I meant to put into the gauge cluster but once I got a feel for the engine and how it sounded at certain RPM, I didn't see the need for it. It will be included with the sale.

Comment

redearedslider5 does this pass smog in colorado?

Comment

it does! but it also actually just sold!

Comment

Working...
                                X