WTB: E30 Slicktop Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: E30 Slicktop Coupe

Looking for a slicktop coupe for a future long term project.

Must haves:
    Coupe
    Slicktop
    Clean title
    Rust free/minimal rust
    No frame damage

Preferences:
    early model
    manual transmission

I’m located in Carlsbad, NM but willing to travel anywhere in the USA for the right car.

Price range depends on overall condition and operability of the car. Please pm me if you have a anything that fits these criteria.

AFAIK, the only early slicktops were gray market imports. The US dealers wanted sunroofs. If you can settle for a late model, the 1991 318iS is the one for you.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I’m looking to do a slicktop coupe with m3 bodywork and a Honda k swap. Early model is preferable for that but I can make a late model work as well.

Comment

Kyle90 I'm curious, where do you plan on getting the m3 bodywork? Sounds like a fun project, keep us updated!
        📸 @joyfilledpursuit
        📖 John 3:16-18

Comment

Check out e30garage.Norway on Instagram they offer reproduction e30 m3 parts that are NLA. I plan to go with them for the rear quarters and c pillars. They also offer the parts needed to convert late models to m3. For a lot of the other parts I’m probably going carbon fiber.

My main goal will be to minimize weight wherever possible yet still retain full interior and A/C (a necessity here in NM).

Comment

Not sure if you thought about importing a car? But I found you a nice one, that needs some work, but as you are planning on stripping it down all the way, it might be what you are looking for.

Big advantage is that it's a 316 to start with, so the lightest chassis you will find in an E30.

Click image for larger version

Name:	185464125_1_big.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	9896489

Click image for larger version

Name:	185464125_5_big.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	9896490

Link here: https://www.speurders.nl/overzicht/a...185464125.html

I'm sure the price is negotiable and I can be your broker if you want...
            just a thought

Comment

That’s very much what I’m looking for assuming the frame isn’t rusted. Having imported a touring from Germany, I think all of the import and transport costs will start to add up for me as well as overall hassle dealing with getting it it titled and registered here in NM.

Comment

Not sure what you ran into before, but I sell cars and especially E30 Tourings to the US on a monthly base.
                Total isn't that bad, East coast shipping including everything and I mean everything, will cost about $2200.
                Duties and fees(customs) paid for too....in other words, drive away with the car.
                Titling is no other than if it was from another state at that point.

I'm just offering this as e30sh correctly mentioned that it would have been an import anyway.
                FInding true Euro E30's in the US in good shape with no federalizing stuff on it, clean chrome bumpers and a crackfree dash will be pretty hard.....

Comment

To get that car to New Mexico you’re talking roughly $3000 on top of the cost of the car. That car is currently listed for about $4000. For ~$7000 I’m not sure that’s the best move vs a slicktop 318is that I can eventually part out all the desirable stuff when I end up doing full body work and engine swap anyways. I already have a mint condition dash stashed away for this project and the rest of the interior is getting replaced anyways with new carpet, recaros, etc.

I’m wondering how much “beater” 318is slick tops coupes without rust issues are going for these days. I also wouldn’t mind a nicer condition one that I can enjoy as is for a couple of years before making major changes.

Comment

3200$ slicktop 318is in LA
                    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

That salvage title car is already sold.
                      Last edited by Kyle90; 01-06-2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

this guy has a website and alot of cool M3 conversion stuff, this might be alot cheaper for you than importing a real slick top.
                        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

If you want a really nice slick top E30 that you can enjoy for a long time and then do whatever you want or try to sell later on and make a profit, I have a really nice car, "WARNING" is not cheap, if you are interested PM me.
                          Miguel

Comment

Beautiful car, but a bit too nice for what I’m trying to do.

Comment

Working...
                            X