1983 528e 5 Speed FOR SALE or Trade $4900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 528e 5 Speed FOR SALE or Trade $4900

For sale or trade is my 1983 BMW 528e 5 Speed. The car is in great condition, and is all original.

I am the third owner of the car. The first owner was a wealthy old couple from Greenwich, CT who had the car from new until the end of 2017. The car was garage kept in that time. The second owner had the car from the end of 2017 till August of 2018.I bought the car in August 2018 and have kept it in a garage since. I drive the car at least once a week to keep it running.

It has the original M20B27 motor. Has 155,000 miles, the odo stopped working a few months ago, but I have probably put less than 500 miles on it since then. The car had its' timing belt replaced in 2018. Should be good for another 3 years. The engine runs flawlessly, and has never let me down. The transmission is a 5 Speed manual, and shifts smoothly. The suspension is in very good condition, and it handles great. The tires are Bridgestone, and only a couple of years old, and still have a lot of life left in them since the car is not driven much. The car currently does not have a muffler, I was planning on installing one, but liked the sound without it.

The paint is original, still very good condition as you can see from the pictures since it was kept in a garage for most of its' life. The color is Baltic Blue, and it was only offered in the 1983 model year, so it is a pretty rare color. No real big scratches, although there are couple of small scratches throughout the car which can very easily be polished off. Overall, the paint is in incredible condition, especially for a 36 year old car.

The interior is leather, and it is also in pretty good condition. There are no rips in on any of the seats. The headliner is in good condition. All the electronics, the windows, sunroof, check control panel, work beautifully. Fuel gauge, temp gauge, speedometer, tachometer all function as well. The original radio was functioning alongside with the speakers, until I put a cassette in it. The eject button doesn't work, so in order to use the radio you would either have to figure out a way to take the cassette out, or replace the stereo.

Feel free to reply or PM me with any questions you have, and if you want more pictures. I am located in Central NJ. The price is $4900 obo. I am open to trades, so if you have something cool, let me know!

Edit: Added more pictures

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_148065.jpg Views:	3 Size:	95.6 KB ID:	9902483 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_148068.jpg Views:	4 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	9902485Click image for larger version  Name:	image_148067.jpg Views:	4 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	9902484 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	96.3 KB ID:	9902394
    Last edited by tuffode; 01-30-2020, 04:38 PM.
    1990 325i (Alpineweiss)
    1990 325i (Brilliantrot)

Instagram: alpine325i

bump
    1990 325i (Alpineweiss)
    1990 325i (Brilliantrot)

Instagram: alpine325i

Comment

Working...
    X