right hand drive m30 swapped e30 touring, salt lake city, UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right hand drive m30 swapped e30 touring, salt lake city, UT

the time has come to sell my right hand drive e30 touring. heres a little breakdown of the car and what ive done to it in the last 3 years of ownership.
    posted this car here once before but looks like i didnt meet some of the guidelines so lets try again:
    -1990 316i touring
    -vin:WBAAG8201EA75384
    -149xxx miles, odometer still works
    - asking 8900 obo.
    -located in salt lake city, UT.
    -asking 8900 obo.
    -contact info: tanerxersoy@gmail.com, email for phone number please.

EXTERIOR:

The exterior is overall very straight and still has mostly original paint. the paint still shines very well but it looks to me like the last few years before I purchased it it was ran through automatic car washes and scrubbed with the deadly bristle brush as there are a ton of small scratches and swirls In the top panels, especially the roof.
    The front end looks like it had a respray before I got it and doesn’t have the swirls like the roof and tops of the doors do.
    Has all the euro car stuff: smiley headlights, the euro bumper trim without reflectors, and the euro side markers on the fenders. the car also has 20% tinted windows all around, black kidney grills, red out tail lights, “I” front lip spoiler and smoked front marker lights.
    The wheels are 17x8.5 axis reps of bbs lm and are wrapped in 225/45/17 tires.The license plates on the car are what came on it from the Uk.

As far as rust and body damage goes the only areas that will eventually need attention is the back boxes/ pockets. when I got the car the further most bottom corner of left side back quarter panel pocket was already a little bit rusted away. I broke off all the soft spots and coated the inside and outside with por 15. that area hasn’t gotten any worse in the last 3 years I’ve had the car and isn’t soft or weak in any spots. on the right side it was starting to do the same thing in the same area but I cleaned up and area and did por15 and it hasn’t gotten any worse and the right side isn’t missing any chunks or had any pieces break away.it looks like there is also some rust developing behind the rear filler panel where the license plate goes but I haven’t dared try to take it apart and risk breaking that panel. it also looks like the previous owner had some patch panels done on the right rocker panel. they look decently done and aren’t bubbling or rusting.

INTERIOR:

right hand drive car with black leather interior and mtech 2 steering wheel.
    gauge cluster is in miles and odometer still works.
    the seats are in good shape with no rips and all adjustments work in the front seats. There is a little bit of wrinkling in the driver seat bolster.
    The mtech2 wheel was added by me in the last year and just needs to be recovered in Leather, I also have the stock 3 spoke sport steering wheel I will include.
    The factory grey carpet has no holes or excessive wear and the back hatch area is also in good shape with a little bit of wear on the sides. both side storage compartments in the back open and close like they should and stay latched close.
    Battery is relocated to the back right pocket like the coupe and sedan e30’s. the left storage compartment also has the factory bmw first aid kit and tools. the headliner is sagging like pretty much all e30 tourings and is held up with thumbtacks in the back to keep it from hanging too much.
    FACTORY NON AC CAR

ENGINE SWAP AND MECHANICAL:

The car started life as a 316i which came with a 1.6 liter 4 cylinder engine. when I got the car it came with a big folder with a ton of invoices of maintenance work and things that were fixed. Looking at the invoices I have it looks like it was serviced at the same bmw dealership In England until 2008. The car ran well with the original engine and made the 10 hour drive home from Southern California to utah without any issues.
    I drove the car for for 6 months with the 4 cylinder engine until deciding to swap in the 3.5 m30 from a 1991 bmw 535i. Both engine and 5 speed transmission were used from the e34 with 165k miles.

Parts changed and maintenance items done when the swap was done Include:
    3.5 m30b35 and Getrag 260 from 1991 bmw 535i with 165k miles
    3.73 limited slip differential
    good n tight m30 swap engine mount arms (2 positions, at furthest back right now.)
    eBay chip for 91 octane, also raises rev limit to 7000
    wiring harness from m20 325i
    battery relocation cable from m20 325
    valve check and adjustment
    new oe head gasket kit with head bolts
    new Intake and exhaust gasket
    new intake boot (after AFM)
    new timing chain guides and tensioner spring
    new timing chain cover gasket
    new water pump and thermostat
    new coolant temp sensors (blue and brown)
    new valve cover and oil pan gasket
    new front and rear main seals
    new spark plugs
    new oil and filter
    new rubber fuel lines
    new fuel filter new
    750i brake master cylinder, full brake bleed and new brake fluid
    e28 535i radiator (skinny and wide to provide clearance at front of engine)
    blue bmw coolant
    new coolant expansion tank and cap
    new oe engine and transmission mounts
    new rear shifter joint and transmission input and output seals
    new redline fluid in transsmisson
    power flex front control arm bushings coilovers of unknown brand (came on car)
    functioning power steering(looks like high pressure line has small leak )
    heater works but NO AC( never came with it, uk Market)

The only thing the car needs mechanically is for the back half of the exhaust to be made and that power steering line replaced. The exhaust currently Exits halfway and is pretty loud but I never bothered finishing it because I liked the sound and had plans to eventually boost the car so would have needed to be changed anyway.
    Besides the exhaust the car needs nothing mechanically. will run and drive anywhere and doesn’t overheat, fully warmed up the temp gauge sits between 1/4 and 1/2.

ENGINE BAY PAINT AND BOLT IN RAD SUPPORT

When the swap was done I also had the engine bay partially shaved and repainted in porsche ultraviolet. the battery Tray on the right corner against the firewall was cut out and smoothed, and the front of the wheel wells were cut out and smoothed. the plan on cutting out the front of the wheel wells was to make the access for intercooler piping on the future turbo setup easier. the sheet metal that was cut out isn’t structural and doesn’t effect the chassis integrity.
    At the same time the engine bay was sprayed I also made the front radiator support removable by 6 nuts and bolts vs being weld in like it is from the factory. The removable radiator support makes any future motor swaps and removal a lot quicker than the factory setup. This is my 5th e30 and i always wanted the removable rad support.

This touring is an awesome value for the price when you look into getting your own exported and swapped. i really think the 3.5 m30 is a solid engine and the car is decently fast and fun to drive with this setup, a huge improvement over the 4 cylinder engine and any stock m20.
    The goal for this car was to do a something different than the typical s52 swap and have something with more low end torque. The plan was also to eventually boost the m30 but i ended up getting a chance at one of my dream cars and took it.
    For anyone seriously interested in the car i took a walk around video and a short video of startup and driving it around the block i can text or email over. all though ive tried to be very straight forward with the car if you have any more questions feel free to email me or message me here.

heres the link to my google photo album, let me know if youre havinf issues with the pictures:

Sold Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

hi,

seeing u all want them lookin damn good !!!

i have some touring specific parts for sale,
      if any interested !
      cheers,

Comment

Working...
      X