FS: 87 325 M30 Swap IN PROGRESS PROJECT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 87 325 M30 Swap IN PROGRESS PROJECT

Long time lurker, first and unfortunately probably last time poster. I got into this project back in college, but a few years later I've pretty much lost all motivation to continue wrenching on it. Looking to avoid sending this car to the junk yards when they reopen and passing the rust-free torch off to someone who can finish the fight.

FS is a 87 325(e) with ~230k miles (odo stuck at 197k) with its original m20b27 engine halfway out and a mostly disassembled. Parts for the swap included are:
    • M30B35 long block w/ ~130k miles out of a 91 E34 auto
    • Getrag 260 transmission out of a E34 manual w/ ~90k miles
    • M30 gasket refresh kit
    • E28 thin radiator and required hoses
    • Stock supporting components (AC comp, PS pump, Alternator)
    • New starter
    • Full wiring harness
    • E34 Throttle cable (Needed for swap)
    • Garagistic M30 engine mounts
    Along with some upgrades:
    • G260 short shift kit
    • Non m Z3 steering rack (shortest lock to lock for an e30 swap)
    • E12 single mass flywheel + sachs clutch kit (Lightest oem flywheel for a M30)
    • Unsoldered Megasquirt DIY PNP engine management system (Tuning potential)
    There's still some stuff missing for the full M30 swap, including:
    • Flywheel bolts for the E12/E28 flywheel
    • Small bits to get the Z3 rack compatible with the e30 steering input shaft
    • E-torx bolts for the transmission (Might be able to use the old ones off the m20? not sure)
    • Full exhaust
    • Electric Fan
    • Battery
    • Engine mount bushings
    • If you don't want to solder the DIYPNP, you'll need an e34 ECU
    • Probably more
    Couple of notes:
    • I'm the 4th owner, car failed visual during smog due to second cat and is Non-Op
    • The body's in very "Accepable" shape. Clearcoat could definitely use polish and there are scratches and dents all around (Including a major one in the rear driver side fender. Previous owner loved plastidip, so the front and rear diving boards need to be stripped (he also covered the fog lights, fun stuff)
    • Did I mention the previous owner loved plastidip? The entire underbody of the car is covered in the stuff. Interior inspection of the usual rust areas (battery tray in trunk, driver side footwell) show that it's good, but you might find some that I missed.
    • Interior dash has cracks, but is in AMAZING condition. I'd bet there's late model year cars with much worse interiors
    • Car isn't running, so purchaser will need to bring a trailer and preferably a truck to carry all of the parts
    This eta e30 is pretty much the perfect candidate for an m30 swap. I've done pretty much all of the research on how to build the best M30 swap with OEM components and I believe this is it. The large guibo and the proper length driveshaft only available on the eta are compatible with the M30.

$2500 and this 'rona project is all yours to finish and beat around on. Pics can be found in the drive below. PM me for more pics on specific stuff. Thanks!

Where are you located?

Comment

Ugh wrong coast 😩

Comment

Bump, also I'm based in NorCal. Lowering this to $2000 OBO. Sale also includes these tools:
        • Engine stand that the M30 block is on
        • Flywheel lock
        • Engine crane leveler

Comment

Please text me 818 357 0217
          INSTAGRAM: E30EDDIE87 E30 325is 24v never ending project

Comment

Hey is this still available? I am also based in NorCal. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sold, thanks for the interest!

Comment

Working...
              X