X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTS: 1990 325i Coupe, Bronzit

SOLD

R3vLimited,

After seven years of ownership, I am looking to sell by 1990 325i coupe in Bronzit.

Highlights:
    • 1990 325i in Bronzit with roughly 225k miles
    • Cosmetic condition: 7/10 - minor scuffs, no major issues, but the car has certainly been driven
    • Mechanical condition: 8/10 (once subframe repaired), 5/10 (without subframe repair)
    • Garage stored since 2013 when I took delivery, previous owners also garage-stored the car
    Background:
    I bought this car from another user here in 2013 for $7,500 with the intention of making it a weekend driver. That journey brought me down a long road of mechanical and cosmetic work. The car is currently stored in Eastern Massachusetts and has been kept off the road and in storage every winter. Overall, the car is in 7/10 cosmetic condition and has been well-cared for mechanically. The car has roughly 225k miles; however, the odometer stopped at 197k. While I would prefer to get the original $7,500 out of this sale, I recognize that the subframe service is an issue and have reflected that in the sale price.

Why I am selling the car:
    Simply put, I have not been able to spend the amount of time that I would like to on this car. I currently live in Boston, and the car is stored outside of the city, which has made it hard to use as much as I'd like. I considered bringing the car into the city during summer months, but I was concerned that it may get damaged if I parked on the street, and I was not particularly motivated to pay ~$300/month for a parking space. With that said, ensuring that the car is properly cared for has been a top priority of mine.

Subframe:
    The subframe needs fresh bushings all around. I have all of these parts and these are included in the sale price. This issue is one that the buyer should address before expecting the car to handle as an E30 should. If a buyer is interested in having the work done I will only move forward with the subframe service if the buyer a) wants the work done, and b) understand and commits to costs incurred during this service. To clarify, the sale price of the car at $5,500 is "as-is" but I am willing to help the buyer get the work done (I'd love to see this car on the road for many years to come.

Photos:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	sgiuQIy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.9 KB ID:	9940970

Click image for larger version  Name:	ZN3TySe.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.5 KB ID:	9940971

Click image for larger version  Name:	g0JdufV.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.7 KB ID:	9940972

Exterior:
    NEW EXTERIOR PICTURES (7/25/20)
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like StatikDimm.

Taken between 2013 and 2020, the most recent photos are in front of my relative's home where the car is garaged:
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like StatikDimm.

Interior:
    NEW INTERIOR PICTURES (7/25/20)

Taken early July, 2020

Engine Bay:
    Taken early July, 2020

Cosmetic Issues:
    Taken early July, 2020

Work Completed Since 2013:
    • Cosmetic:
      • Fixed rust spots ear the sunroof and surrounding area – this was done by a body shop
      • Passenger-side rear quarter repaired after a minor hit in a parking lot
      • The entire front end was repainted to fix a previous repaint
      • 14” basket weaves with two-year-old tires
    • Engine & drive train:
      • All hoses
      • Radiator
      • Valves timed 15k miles ago
      • Regular oil changes with OEM filter and appropriate Castro oil (most recently in May of 2019)
      • Engine mounts
      • Transmission mounts
      • Transmission and differential fluid change
      • Like-new OEM exhaust installed in 2014 - new hangers were also installed at the time.
    • Suspension:
      • Front control arms
      • Tie rods and end-links
      • H&R sport plus springs (OEM+ style)
    • Interior
      • Head unit installed (previous owner did not have one for this)
      • Complete interior detail in late June 2020, which include a chemical extraction of all carpets and thorough cleaning of all interior surfaces

Remaining Work
    • Rear subframe – the rear subframe needs to be serviced - all necessary parts are included in the sale
    • Struts – all struts need to be replaced. Rear Bilstein struts are included in the sale
    • Shifter rebuild – this is not an imperative issue, but one that I thought should be addressed. All parts needed to rebuild the shifter (except the knob) are included in the sale
    • Dashboard has one crack through the center (shown in issues)
    • Driver’s seat is in good condition, but an internal issue has made it crooked
    • Sun roof is sticky - I replaced the motor several years ago when the roof repair took place, but the motor never operated correctly

Parts Included (Not Installed) - Pictures of these parts will be added shortly
    • Rear seat upright with fold-down arm rest
    • Thule roof rack with bike attachment
    • Original bottle-cap wheels

Note on 7/22 update - I have reworked this post to better reflect the condition of the car and why I am looking to sell. I hope that this update provides potential buyers a better overview of the car.
    Note on 7/25 update - old picture removed; new photos added from today
    Last edited by StatikDimm; 08-06-2020, 04:39 PM.

Dropping this to $5,500 - open to offers.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Was this sold?

Comment

If this didnt yet sell, i am interested

Comment

I too am interested. I am looking to buy....pretty much right away. Thanks!

Comment

All - I apologize for not being more responsive with this post. The original post has been significantly updated and new pictures have been added. I will be working on the car this weekend, and will add more pictures after I complete an exterior detail.

Comment

Please let me know...again, I am looking to buy very shortly here. sent you a PM.

Comment

PM Sent!

Comment

PMs replied to - please reach out if I missed you somehow.

New photos added in original post and below:

Exterior - https://imgur.com/gallery/duGAOno
                    Interior - https://imgur.com/gallery/nPYBmQB

Comment

SOLD - thank you to everyone who expressed interest.

Comment

Working...
                      X