Sold: 1989 Bronzkit E30 5 Speed "330i", Pacific Northwest, $4,500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold: 1989 Bronzkit E30 5 Speed "330i", Pacific Northwest, $4,500

I bought this car over 15 years ago when I got interested in HPDEs. It started out as my DD, but turned into a hobby over the next 12 years, trying different suspension and engine setups as my skill level improved to see what worked and what didn't, even going through a short lived turbo phase.

Now that I'm retired, the car doesn't get driven much. I hate seeing it shivering out in the rain with it's lower lip stuck out wondering when we are going to go play again. It's time to turn it over to a new owner that will appreciate and continue to learn with it.

The chassis has about 155,000 miles on it (the speedo failed at 135,000 was replaced with a higher mileage one). There is about 20,000 miles on the engine rebuild (details below).
    VIN - WBAAA1308K8255421
    Price - $4,500

Current configuration:

Drive train
    M20 bored and stroked to 3.0 Liter - S52 crank and rods, JE forged pistons, 85 mm bore 10.0:1 compression, ARP head studs. Head rebuilt by Accurate Engines in Lynnwood.
    Megasquirt 2 fuel and wasted spark ECU, LC2 wideband o2 sensor, Bluetooth integration.
    Rebuilt driveshaft.
    3.73:1 LSD.
    Scorpion SS cat back exhaust.

Suspension
    Eibach pro springs.
    St front bar, H & R rear bar with all appropriate reinforcements.
    Bilstein sport shocks/struts.
    IE adjustable camber plates.
    1995 M3 steering rack.
    Dforce LTW5 15" bronze wheels with Dunlop Direeeza DR102 tires.
    DOT approved SS brake hoses.
    Recently replaced rear subframe mounts and trailing arm bushings. Powerflex front control arm bushings.

Interior
    Front sport seats re-upholstered in cloth.
    IS steering wheel.
    UUC short shift kit.
    Rear attachment points for Schroth 3 point ASM harness - harnesses included.
    Auxiliary oil pressure, oil temp, and AFR.

Cons
    Under hood AC components removed.
    Catalytic converter is rattling - probably not doing much, if any, converting.
    Driver door lock works but does not cooperate with the central locking system.
    Windshield washer needs new wiring.
    Cracks are starting to develop on dash.
    Most paint is original, i.e. old and tired, especially on the hood and leading edge from too many high speed bug strikes.

Included with sale
    2 additional sets of wheels/tires - 16" TSWs with General UHP A/S tires, and original bottle caps with ancient studded snows
    All removed AC components - some rewiring will be needed.
    All parts necessary to convert back to Motronic engine management - again, some rewiring may be needed.
    Original leather comfort seats in excellent condition.
    Big box of random parts, including some turbo items.

I'll set up an album with more photos as soon as the grandkids show me how.

Ray Yost
    Last edited by yostr; 06-11-2020, 10:20 PM.

I would buy this right now but im in LA, if you are willing to work with me you got a buyer.

good luck either way
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

A few more Pictures.
      BTW - I'm located in Olympia, WA

Comment

wowww if only i had seen yours sooner , i live only 2hrs from olympia ! good luck w selling

Comment

pm'd you Ray
          Byron
          Leichtbau

Comment

wow - this will not last. GLWS
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Very nice e30 at a great price. GLWS!

Comment

Those front sport seats are incredible! Man, I'd love a set of those. GLWS

Comment

Thanks - If memory serves, I had the covers made by Creative Options about 10 years ago - reupholstering sport seats is a pretty straightforward process.

Comment

Hello,

My wife and I are very seriously interested. I have send you a private message with my contact details.

Please let me know if you received it and feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Bob

Comment

I've gotten a lot of interest in this car from folks in California. I just wanted to emphasize that the Cat is pretty much toast, and will definitely NOT pass SMOG testing in its current condition. We don't have emissions testing in WA anymore - we rely on the wind to blow everything over to Idaho.

Comment

yee fuckin haw

Comment

Great car!

Comment

Working...
                          X