• Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1991 BMW 318is - brilliantrot/natur - 140k - largely stock example

5/90 318is
    Brilliant red over Natur sport vinyl
    140k on working odometer
    M42B18/Getrag 240/3.73 LSD
    Largely stock, save for e36 m3 shift lever, euro bumper trim, h1/h4 lights, single mass flywheel conversion, r134 air con. conversion
    Tons and tons and tons of recent maintenance
    Clean title in hand
    $15k or best sensible, cash, in person offer
    Located in NE Portland, Oregon, Estados Unidos

I bought this car a while back, in need of dire salvation, and did the following:

- complete engine reseal, including valve cover gasket kit, thermostat + gasket, water pump, upper/lower oil pan reseal, spark plugs, air mass meter boot, replacement of misc vacuum hoses, air filter, fuel filter, fuel hoses, throttle cable, fan clutch, drive belts, oil + filter, oil pressure sender, upper/lower radiator hoses, radiator, fan shroud, fan clutch, engine mounts, among lots more items

- Valeo single mass flywheel conversion, e36 m3 shift lever upgrade with all new bushings, new CSB/giubo, trans mounts, exhaust gaskets, clutch slave cylinder, trans fluid service, differential fluid service, front brakes, tires

- 50+ hour in-depth paint correction, to save the largely original paint. i carefully detailed all trim, thoroughly cleaned all exterior surfaces, meticulously polished the paint to a beautiful, lustrous finish. at the same time, i installed new OE european spec bumper trim, antenna grommet, sunroof seals, and an h1/h4 headlight conversion, among other small details, that i'm sure i'm forgetting at this time

This was a single family owned car, from new, until 2011. I bought it, with the intention of hanging on to it for a while - oddly enough, i have really grown to like the 318is, a lot - but i have made the decision to reduce my fleet, from 9, to 4 - this one needs to find a new home.

The car presents well and looks very sharp. That being said, it is largely original and does show signs of active use, on the exterior paint finish, as well as the driver's seat and the dashboard. I want to stress that, while this is a very presentable vehicle, i don't want to advertise it as perfect - for a thirty year old car, it looks spectacular. it is the perfect car to enjoy, as a driver quality 318is, or to take it to the next level.

Asking price is $15,000, USD, or best serious, sensible, *in person* offer. no trade offers. Not considering anything other than a pile of money, in my face. I am more than happy to take a walk around video, for seriously interested parties.

Please *text* 5 0 3 .967.3800 OR email: e30austin at gmail dot com to discuss.

(more pics to come later today)

Last edited by e30austin; 07-08-2020, 09:46 AM.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

sold! off to Texas.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

That was quick, though I'm not surprised. A great looking 318is that was obviously well cared for.

Comment

Super excited to be buying this car!! Brand new to the R3Vlimited community and e30s. I can't wait to pick up this beauty, and carry on the amazing work Austin has done.

Comment

Beautiful car!! Saw this on craigslist yesterday and absolutely loved it. If I didn't have its bigger brother, a brilliantrot 91 325i Sport in likewise condition, I would've been driving down to Portland immediately. Glad to see it found a new owner.
          Last edited by midnight_marauder; 07-09-2020, 04:35 PM.
          📸 @joyfilledpursuit
          📖 John 3:16-18

Comment

Working...
          X