VA: 1989 352i s50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA: 1989 352i s50

I have a very well prepped track car for sale. Recent video at VIR chasing down a Mustang from the beginning of October 2020. https://vimeo.com/465174188

$12,000

Located in Fairfax, VA I've had this car for a little over 5 years. I bought it completely stock with approximately 130k miles. I drove it for a few months and then went to work turning it into a track only car. There is over $15k building this car which is broken out in the Google sheets link below. I've added a gist of what's been done to the car but the Google sheets will have all specifics. There are 10 track days on this car since being completed with absolutely zero problems.

Drivetrain: I swapped in an S50 motor with a zf transmission. All gasket and seals replaced (except head gasket), metal impellor water pump, new plugs, belt, intake tube. It has the s52 exhaust header custom fit to avoid the subframe, 3 inch exhaust all the way through with high flow cat. The differential has been rebuilt to include the 3.15 gear and an added 3rd clutch.

Body: It's in good shape. My wife and I wrapped it in this gray and black livery this summer. It's an amateur job, but still looks really good for only using on track. It's originally cirrusblau. I did wet sand the original paint to help the vinyl stick and to sand down some of the sap and just years of neglect. Normal rust under the battery but that's it. DriftShop ducktail riveted on. The front lip in the pictures has since been removed/ripped off at the track.

Suspension: Fortune auto 500 coilovers, delrin bushings, replaced inner and outer tie rod ends, sway bar links, control arm bushings. E36 steering rack, no power steering.

Brakes: pretty much stock. Stainless steel lines, hawk dtc 60 pads of the front and HP+ on rear.

Interior: 4 point Kirk bar, Sparco seats, Momo suede wheel (current), 6 point harness, gutted, NRG quick release wheel. I have alot of the interior left (tan).

15x8 +20 Kosei K5R wheels with 225/45/15 Toyo R888.

Specific parts are listed on the following spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
    *Note: not all parts listed in spreadsheet are still on the car nor will they be included*

I'm having a baby and don't know when I'll be back at the track. I'm thinking of just getting an e92 m3 to have fun with if this sells. I can obviously send more pics and answer any questions.
    Last edited by bumada; 10-18-2020, 06:05 PM.
    1989 325i S50 swapped
    2007 4Runner Sport V8

Added pictures Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    1989 325i S50 swapped
    2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Working...
    X