1991 325ix Manual (Plus spare parts!), Buffalo NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 325ix Manual (Plus spare parts!), Buffalo NY

Car is located in Buffalo NY (It's from VT, has not lived in our salt). Asking price is $6800 obo. I could potentially deliver the car at cost of gas up to 6 hours away, with a deposit. Pics of the listing are in the google link here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...05?usp=sharing

If you have questions, please text me at 585-813-6910, I'm not great about remembering to check my forum posts.

edit update: leaking rack has been swapped out, with new tie rods added. Still needs a proper alignment, will see what I can do about that.
    Edit update 2: Sold the second trans/trasnfer case/manual parts I had, hence the price drop.

Hello all, quick story is that I took this car as part of a trade thinking I would clean it up and daily drive it while I looked for a truck, ended up finding a truck like two weeks later and never put this car on the road. As a result, I've put about ten miles on it last week just to give it a little shakedown, so my wheel time is limited. I'll fully admit that up front. I think it would be an outstanding daily driver, and a good canidate to chip away at restoing if you're into that sort of thing. Car has a newer headunit installed, depo euro smiley reps, and a euro clock. Has H&R springs and Bilstein shocks on it, hence the lows. I have a stack of records to go with the car.

That being said, prior to me taking the car, I know that it was repainted in 2012 and had what I guess would be a mild resto done. At that time, the head was rebuilt (photo in google link of inside). Since then, the car was clearly enjoyed and used however, it has some dings, scratches, dents (driver rear, pictured) and some rust notably at the bottom of the driver's doors. The underside is surprisngly clean for being an AWD car that lived in the north east, tried to capture the best I could, may get the car on a lift if I can find the time to bring it to a buddy's. When I picked it up, it was missing the back half of an exhaust, so I sourced another much cleaner one locally and replaced it headers back. The only slight issue is that it's a regular 325 exhaust, and slightly touches the trans crossmember, I have the trans mount for the exhaust setup with small sleeves on the bolts. Installed as cleanly as I could with what I had, finding a 325ix front section is impossible around here. After that, I did a continental timing belt and gates waterpump, as well as a new Bosch 02 sensor because the other one was rounded off in the old exhaust. New intake boot and cleaned the ICV while at it. After throwing fresh 93 in the car and running it a few miles, it started to clean up and run real well. Noted while driving was a slight hum that's likely a wheel bearing, I'm going to put the car in the air in the next few days and try to figure out which one it is. On top of that, the issues are mainly cosmetic from what I can tell. You'll notice in the pictures that the passanger rear door trim is missing, I grabbed another one but need to get clips to mount it. Glove box is broken and moun't mount at the hinge, I think I may have one in the basement, need to dig around. As pictured, passenger rear door sill trim is missing, but included, needs clips. Only one of the window switches works 100%, the other ones are spotty, I have a fully set of e36 switches and pigtails if someone wanted to convert. When I put the car up to do some of these last few things, I'll take a jack-test video and add it to the google link.

The car also desperately needs tires, what's on there is extremely dry. Of course it may likely need other stuff, as all 30 year old cars do, I'm just trying to be transparent with exactly what I know works (or doesn't).

New parts:
    - Battery
    - Inner/outer tie rods
    - Timing belt/water pump
    - 02 sensor
    - Exhaust (Not brand new, but a lightly used Bosal setup). Fresh hangers throughout however
    - Intake boot
    - Driver's inner axle boot replaced/greased

Needs
    - Rear door trim (Have, I'll order clips if I end up getting other parts soon)
    - Rear door sill trim (Might know someone who has it, I'll look into it)
    - Glove box (May have)
    - TIRES!!
    - Wheel bearing? Will diagnose
    - Driver's skirt is sagging, I have new clips
    - You to own it!

Now, the spares. I aquired a cheap parts car, so why not.
    - Front axles (I believe driver inner boot is torn on this as well)
    - Front control arms with good ball joints
    - Steering rack (Probably good for core/rebuild, was leaking)

Last edited by brainfood; 01-26-2021, 05:05 PM.
    WNY e30 Group on FB, feel free to join if you're from the area!

@mriterphoto on instagram

"Being airborne in an e30 is one of the worst ideas that I've done more than a couple dozen times"

me-"I've got one of those rare 7cyl low-comp S62's"
    MattAvino- "Those aren't rare"

Steering rack has been replaced with new tie rods!

"Being airborne in an e30 is one of the worst ideas that I've done more than a couple dozen times"

Comment

Looks like an decent daily driver. Honest presentation and not as rusty as most VT ix's for sure! I like the full black door/gutter trim.
      A 88 red coupe just went for $12.5k on BaT.
      BTW the video you posted is not a jack test.
      89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
      1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Few week bump, price has been dropped after selling a few of the spare parts I originally had.

Comment

Working...
        X