Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLD: Factory Diagnostic System (INPA / DIS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD: Factory Diagnostic System (INPA / DIS)

SOLD

As part of my clean-out efforts in the lab, I am selling my factory diagnostic system. It is not an OEM / dealer system, but it is a functionally equivalent system runs the factory INPA / DIS / EDIABAS software and will talk to almost every BMW from 1987 - 2011. Note, the included read head is the circular 20-pin type which runs the ADS interface, so if your car has the trapezoidal connector you will need to go buy that one. I had originally built this system to read diagnostic data from my M42's Motronic 1.7, and since I am going to convert to an aftermarket ECU, I have no need for it.

Really old ECUs like M1.3 (for the M20 and similar) are only supported in the DISv44 system, which is more limited than what is shown in the screenshots below. M1.7 is, for the most part, the oldest supported ECU in the "newer" INPA system. DISv44 runs in a VMWare virtual machine, included in the system I am selling, but I can't grab screenshots from it.

The most helpful documentation for the software is here:
    Do you want the easiest and most complete installation of the BMW dealer and factory diagnostic systems? Then checkout the pss-autosoft 'EasyInstall' system! All the software you need to get diagnosing and coding using the BMW EDIABAS and DIS v44, DIS v57 and SSS Progman!

The sale includes:
    - Dell Latitude D830 laptop w/ SSD and the required hardware serial port (USB-Serial adapters are a no-go for the DIS interface)
    - Dell AC adapter
    - Dell recovery CDs w/ WinXP SP3 (one original, one copy)
    - 128GB USB drive with a bootable Macrium/WinPE recovery environment and a full image of the SSD with installed and functioning diagnostic software
    - TinyADS serial interface head (20 pin circular connector)

The price for the setup is $500 shipped in the US lower 48 states.

Before purchasing, PM me with the vehicle(s) you want to use this with and I will make sure that the system supports it (in software, if your car uses a different hardware connection you'll need to find the proper adapter).

Photos of the items:

Last edited by bmwman91; 12-16-2021, 09:18 PM.

Transaction Feedback: LINK
Working...
X