Cammed 2.7i, full drivetrain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cammed 2.7i, full drivetrain!

Engine is coming out hopefully this week to be replaced by an s50. Specs: 214K on stock bottom end, ~7k on new Catcams 283 and their valve springs, headgasket, timing belt, Bavauto long tube headers (with their o2 sensor), 2.5" cat to a magnaflow muffler, Ported eta head, 325i intake manifold, throttle body, wire harness, 19lb injectors (the 4 pintle ones), m30 afm, markD chip for 19lb injectors, m30 afm, 7k redline, new coil and plugs. ~5k on Peerless underdrive alt pulley and belt. Exhaust will come with an extra straight pipe from y-pipe back so you can cut and weld a muffler on if you want to delete the cat. IE poly motor mounts, single mass flywheel with no clutch issues. Put 149hp/146tq to the ground before the alt pulley. No a/c or p/s. I would like $1000 for everything, prefer a local sale.

Pics:
    Head w/ new cam and valve springs before installation:

On the block (note the yellow 19lb injectors):

Chip:

y-pipe:

Headers:

Header exits:

Y-pipe welded up:

Dyno vid (this was with a 2.93lsd in 3rd gear because I broke my small case 4.10lsd):

Dyno sheet:

Pulley:

Idle is dead solid, but quite lumpy (can't hear the lumpyness here, but it is):

Straight pipe:

I'll also sell the trans for $200. 214k on it.

I don't currently plan to part it out, but we will see how the sale goes.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Damn, this is the setup I'm looking for and only 30 mins away. If I didn't have to make my deposit for the new house..... Let me know how the sale goes, I'll definitely be interested in a month or two.
    stephenbrody.com

Comment

Will do.

ttt
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

i hope this sells!
        My feedback:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
        @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Me too, want to buy it?

Comment

i have a friend interested, which pistons did you use and what compression? Are you firm on the price?

Comment

Too far away these days, what about your little brother? He needs a decent engine at this time correct?
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Stock eta bottom end, so 9:1? Fairly firm on the price. Pm me if you have offers. Just realize the headers, cam and valve springs alone were $1000.

His engine is running normal for 250ish miles. I tried talking him into it this evening, but no go just yet. His next purchase will be wheels and tires.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_325es View Post
                  Stock eta bottom end, so 9:1? Fairly firm on the price. Pm me if you have offers. Just realize the headers, cam and valve springs alone were $1000.

His engine is running normal for 250ish miles. I tried talking him into it this evening, but no go just yet. His next purchase will be wheels and tires.
                  pawning off your engine to your little bro while you upgrade generally doesnt work :P hahaha speaking from experience ofcourse. :)

glws.

Comment

If you part it out, I will take the cam.
                    ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

Hella good deal here fellaz!! This whole setup sounds amazing. Good luck with the sale Jeff, Thats a great price for what yur getting..

Comment

If the trans is in good shape, I'd take it @ $200. Unfortunately I'm heading to Canada for a couple of weeks. Hope it's still here when I get back. :(

Comment

PM'd
                          sigpic
                          Member of the "Push Harder, Suck Less," School of Auto-X

Comment

whyyy must i be a broke college student...
                            free bump for an awesome setup that i'd like myself

Comment

Good motor here, I did the headwork and put new valve seals in when it was being done, everything is very close in size and ported very close to i intake gaskets both intake and exhaust. With I cam it was very torquey in midrange, the catcam made it very linear in how power delivery felt but still strong for a 2.7 econo-motor.
                              Old and improved:

Comment

Working...
                              X