Bav Auto Cabriolet Lowering Springs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bav Auto Cabriolet Lowering Springs...

I found out I got Cabriolet springs and I have a coupe so they are for sale.
    BavAuto Springs made in Germany.
    Like new condition. SOLD
    Normally $230 + shipping new from Bav Auto

Last edited by Alpine003; 09-29-2009, 08:05 PM.

how much picked up?
    PSN ID: Yourself1

Comment

You have PM...
      sigpic
      "But the way it deals with bumps and heaves makes you think the shocks are filled with unicorn farts and pixie tears."

Comment

what is the drop on these? are they better than the coupe springs? I hear they are a little soft causing lots of bottoming out?
        sigpic
        1991 325iC w/ 75k Original Miles, Brillantrot, 5-speed, 16" BBS RX's, Black Leather Sport Heated Seats, LSD, and Diving Boards for life!!!:D

Comment

Originally posted by M5wanaB View Post
          what is the drop on these? are they better than the coupe springs? I hear they are a little soft causing lots of bottoming out?

I don't know if anyone is necessarily "better" coupe is made for coupe and cabrio is made for the additional weight of the cabrio's.

These are probably comparable to Eibachs. As for bottoming out, this can happen no matter what lowering springs you're using if you're dampers are old/worn and if you aren't using the proper bump stops.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpine003 View Post
            www.bavauto.com

I don't know if anyone is necessarily "better" coupe is made for coupe and cabrio is made for the additional weight of the cabrio's.

These are probably comparable to Eibachs. As for bottoming out, this can happen no matter what lowering springs you're using if you're dampers are old/worn and if you aren't using the proper bump stops.
            I have just heard that the bavauto springs are softer than most and can tend to bottom out. I was hoping someone else with the same springs would chime in but it doesnt look like its gonna happen. How flexible are you on the price??
            sigpic
            1991 325iC w/ 75k Original Miles, Brillantrot, 5-speed, 16" BBS RX's, Black Leather Sport Heated Seats, LSD, and Diving Boards for life!!!:D

Comment

ive got them and billie sports, drive 90mi roundtrip on nj tpk

road is shitty and ive never bottomed out

they look nice and arent too aggressive

1.5 front 1in rear?
              88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
              85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Naplm00 View Post
                ive got them and billie sports, drive 90mi roundtrip on nj tpk

road is shitty and ive never bottomed out

they look nice and arent too aggressive

1.5 front 1in rear?
                thats what I was waiting to hear. I really want E30 M3 springs but may be willing to go this route. The E30 M3 springs go for around $100 a set so Id have a hard time paying more than that.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M5wanaB View Post
                  thats what I was waiting to hear. I really want E30 M3 springs but may be willing to go this route. The E30 M3 springs go for around $100 a set so Id have a hard time paying more than that.
                  Buy the M3 springs. These go for $240 new and are barely used. I can't go that low.

Comment

Bump. Lowered to $140 shipped before hitting eBay.

Comment

May be interested, I'll send you a pm and then we can discuss further!

Comment

pm sent.

Comment

Did you sell them?

Cheers,

Jim
                          sigpic

Comment

I sent you an email..... thanks!

Comment

Springs M3

I will trade my set of M3's for Mr Alpine003's Bavauto's Vert' set.
                              Not interested in selling.

Comment

Working...
                              X