Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: New MTech 2 Steering Wheel (East Tennessee)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: New MTech 2 Steering Wheel (East Tennessee)

No longer for sale :) A much better deal can be found here:

Last edited by BlueBMW; 01-07-2011, 09:09 PM.
    '88 325ic - Vert in winter baby!
    '91 318is - Gone :(
    '95 530i - Gone :(

What kind of spacer do you need? I've been thinking about one of these...
    Mtech2 Vert Project in Effect!
    Priapism Racing e30 (Evil Knievel/Golden Girls/Friday (420)/Darth Vader still going...

Comment

Selling it for more than you paid for it?

Comment

Originally posted by markhchambers View Post
        Selling it for more than you paid for it?
        Originally posted by BlueBMW View Post
        I'd like $390 shipped
        sigpic
        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kato View Post
          What kind of spacer do you need? I've been thinking about one of these...
          You only need an extra spacer if you're installing into an airbag car. I think all cars have one spacer ring behind the steering wheel, but in an airbag car you need to install another one behind the nut that holds the steering wheel on.

Also, I don't know what the normal retail cost of these wheels are. This was at my "employee discount" which could very well be a heavy markup for all I know. If this is unreasonable, please let me know!

Comment

Anything over $45 shipped is far too much. I think $40 is fair.

What is your PayPal, I have funds ready immediately.

Luke

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              Anything over $45 shipped is far too much. I think $40 is fair.

What is your PayPal, I have funds ready immediately.

Luke
              Haha! Might consider a trade for some nice stereo equipment :p Got any subwoofer / amp setup's that would fit nice in an E34?

Comment

In fact, I do. I would love to trade you a custom 10" box and some cash.

Figure it like this: E34 box is $250, shipping is another $35. If you wish I can find you amp/woofer stuff, or I can bypass a factory amp.

E34 is the next series...I am not building any of them yet, but I do have all the patterns ready. CorvallisBMW might show you some pics of the one I did for him.

I bypassed the stock amplifier but used the stock crossovers on a $100 JVC deck, ran a single 10" Sony woof on some cheap ass 2 channel amp his Mom found in the alley behind her house...crazy, huh?

The damn thing sounds fantastic...

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Maybe try returning it to the dealer? ...I've done this several times with odd items after having them in my possession for a while, as I know the guys at my dealership. If you work there, maybe this would be even easier.

The price on these went up and what you got it for sounds about right. Unfortunately most of the kids on r3v are cheap. Would have better success on s14.net maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                    In fact, I do. I would love to trade you a custom 10" box and some cash.

Figure it like this: E34 box is $250, shipping is another $35. If you wish I can find you amp/woofer stuff, or I can bypass a factory amp.

E34 is the next series...I am not building any of them yet, but I do have all the patterns ready. CorvallisBMW might show you some pics of the one I did for him.

I bypassed the stock amplifier but used the stock crossovers on a $100 JVC deck, ran a single 10" Sony woof on some cheap ass 2 channel amp his Mom found in the alley behind her house...crazy, huh?

The damn thing sounds fantastic...
                    Maybe we can figure something out :) I've replaced the head unit with a JVC unit just running to the stock amp right now. I am actually really impressed with how good the whole setup sounds with all stock speakers etc. I had thought to maybe just run an amp and a 10 or 12" sub for a little extra low end. Nothing crazy, just some extra boom.

Alternatively, my brother is driving my old 318is now and he's big into having a nice system. He doesn't have a subwoofer box for it yet, but he did get the sub already. I guess its a 12" mb quart something or another. Looks impressive, but who knows. Didn't you have some E30 custom boxes too?

I've considered taking it back to the dealer, but since I work there I know that the parts guys don't like sending stuff back. Worst case, I sit on the wheel until I find another 318is that's my liking :D

Not the best pic, and it looks better in person but here's the radio I'm using in the E34 right now. Rather than use the front aux input, I used a rear aux input cable run to an aux jack (taken from an X3) Nice and clean!

Comment

Still got this?
                      S52-Powered 1987
                      sigpic

Comment

I do, but it was pointed out by another member here that there is another seller who has them even cheaper. Ill edit with a link shortly.

Someone sent me a PM and kindly informed me that there's a guy selling these for quite a bit less. Might be worth checking out.

I know, seems kind of counterproductive redirecting my own sale thread, but hey whatever :)
                        Last edited by BlueBMW; 01-07-2011, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I saw the same guy on s14.net:

Sorry, but I think I'll be buying his.
                          I do appreciate your honesty. Plenty of people would've just pretended not to know about those. Thumbs up!
                          Curt
                          S52-Powered 1987
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X