1989 Cabrio--- SOCAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 Cabrio--- SOCAL

For sale is my 1989 325i cabrio. It's zinnoberrot red, and there are no dents anywhere on the car. Rust spots include the driver side rocker panel in front of the rear wheel, and lisence plate lights. The car was originally a Pennsylvania car, so there is corrosion underneath. Exhaust hanger is broken. Needs power steering pump, new rack, steering gear, and front struts/mounts are shot. There is a lot this car needs, and it is probably not a good place to start a project. But there are a lot of good parts left on the car, so I'm looking to sell it to someone who needs it for parts. I don't have the time or the tools down here in Santa Clarita to part it myself, so I want to sell it whole. The good part is the car would not have to be trailered, before it was parked i was driving it 90 miles a day to and from work, so you could drive it wherever you need to. The M20 runs very strong, is due for an oil change. approx 180k on the engine, but timing belt water pump valve cover gasket coolant hoses etc were all done about 10,000 miles ago. It is a 5 speed. In the car right now are manual heated Vaders... they are in need of restoration but there are no rips or tears in the seats, and all mechanical parts work excellent. Pics.....

Asking $1200. Feel free to ask questions. Car located in santa Clarita

you parting it out? If not you should have put it in the cars for sale section.
    1988 325ic Bronzit Metallic.
    1987 325issold
    1987 325es Lemons
    1984 533i 135k R.I.P
    1998 subaru legacy GTsold
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cablehaze15 View Post
      it is probably not a good place to start a project. But there are a lot of good parts left on the car, so I'm looking to sell it to someone who needs it for parts. I don't have the time or the tools down here in Santa Clarita to part it myself, so I want to sell it whole.
      it is also in the cars for sale section

Comment

well if you are parting in I will take a few things.
        1988 325ic Bronzit Metallic.
        1987 325issold
        1987 325es Lemons
        1984 533i 135k R.I.P
        1998 subaru legacy GTsold
        sigpic

Comment

in for part out

Comment

hows the top?

Comment

top is actually in great shape. no rips or tears, rear window still good though it could stand a little cleaning. only leak is through the front seal, the top itself is good.

Comment

Originally posted by cablehaze15 View Post
                top is actually in great shape. no rips or tears, rear window still good though it could stand a little cleaning. only leak is through the front seal, the top itself is good.
                so are you parting this car , cuz i need some vert parts. I just noticed your in the LA area. how long are you down for? LMK via PM

Comment

whos welling to go halfs or even 3rd

I need the top and full black int. and some small stuffs

Comment

Ben, Would you sell the seats to me if you got it? I am in pretty good need of them. I need to complete my m3 interior.

-Steve
                    88 Zinno M3

Comment

make it happen fellas! the homeowners association is breathing down my neck to get rid of it...

Comment

Wait, the suspension and the rack are shot and therefore it's not worth saving? ...Am I missing something here?

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                          Wait, the suspension and the rack are shot and therefore it's not worth saving? ...Am I missing something here?
                          I just bought an E39, and i have nowhere to keep this car. it's not worth saving TO ME because of the underbody corrosion. to do a proper restoration on this car would be way too much of an undertaking. I got the car cheap, put an M20 I had lying around in it, and drove it for the last year of college. now i've graduated and I don't have time or money to bring it back to life. too much rust

Comment

I'll chip in $300 for the M20 and tranny

Comment

Wheels?

Comment

Working...
                              X