Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88-91 325i Rear Passenger Window Motor 4dr

sold
    Last edited by robert1700; 10-13-2012, 09:15 AM.

How many do you have?

Comment

Since when are motors from early to late interchangeable?
      sigpic

Comment

just the one came with the car, p.o. thought the motor was bad, was just a switch. They are all interchangeable. My 85 eta has 91 window motors.

Comment

robert, my front passenger window motor makes a clicking/grinding noise when it reaches the top most position. Is that due to the plastic motor?

Comment

yes,the plastic motors go through the cables. 88-91 are much more desirable.

Same harness.

Also make offer, will trade for a working power antenna or muffler. Must sell. Ebay tomorrow.

Comment

Are you talking about changing out the WHOLE lift mechanism or JUST the motor? The early with the cables and late model with the scissor gear lift.

I am inquiring as I am playing with and reconditioning my cars whole door glass system after paint, and I havent heard of motors being swapped, but whole internals, which then you have to switch to late model glass too.
              sigpic

Comment

the motor and glass are different. The wiring is exactly the same. My 1990 325i has a 86 eta harness.

Comment

Thats not what I was asking. I know those two are different. As is the lifting mechanism. Wiring to them is identical. What I am asking, is if these 'late model' motors (89-91 motor only, no lifting mechanism) directly replace the motors on 'early model' cable list mechanism doors.

If you are talking about the whole lifting mechanism with motor, then you would need late model glass as well. This is why I am asking.
                  sigpic

Comment

yes I have the lifting unit with motor, they are welded together.

Comment

Ok, so what you are selling, one would also need to use late model glass in order to capitalize on the benefit of. Correct?
                      sigpic

Comment

yep. I have a interested party in Seattle, might be sold by tomorrow.

Comment

Ah, copy that. How you have it listed in the beginning doesnt read like that, to me anyway.

Glad you are getting them sold. I agree, late model motors etc are much more reliable. I am stuck using early glass though, so this would not work for me.
                          sigpic

Comment

ah. Its a good upgrade, expensive pick n pull it will still cost $100 for all 4.

Sold.

Comment

Working...
                            X