BRAND NEW convertible cabrio tops installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BRAND NEW convertible cabrio tops installed

******* please see below for description of services and browse this thread for many customer photos and questions/answers. *****
    OK guys, i've now done 52+ e30 tops and i know that there are a bunch of you out there dealing with crappy foggy rear windows or faded/torn tops and you don't want to pay $2500 to have a new top put on your car at an upholstery shop that is unfamiliar with this top. i mean seriously you could go get another coupe for that money!

i'm rewriting my procedure to make things a bit more simple:
    1. PM or call me with your questions to decide which services/products that you need
    2. Deposit is due one week before work is scheduled to be performed
    3. i order all your goodies and have them waiting for when you drop your car off at my house
    4. you drop off your car
    5. i will perform an inspection and we will go over anything that might be obvious at the time as necessary.
    6. your car will enjoy a nice vacation in my garage while i replace the top
    7. i call you when it is done and we schedule pick-up
    8. you come get your car and bring the remaining cash for the job
    9. enjoy and tell your friends!
    • german sonneland best quality top replacement
    • straps replacing when added to a top replacement
    • custom color tops (such as crimson or hunter green) are now available for an additional $250
    • rear tonneau cover shocks (if it falls over into your top while putting the top down, you need these). $80 for the pair including parts and labor
    • seals including front bow will be priced at the time as dealer pricing changes.
    • i now have a hydraulic press - so i am also willing to do m3 control arm bushings (CAB's) for you while i have the car

i am located in Lake Hopatcong 07849
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fuzzysux; 11-06-2019, 07:04 AM.

Premium service details

why my replacement service is a PREMIUM service:
    1. i UNINSTALL your top, without damaging any factory bow's or factory frame fitment
    2. i replace all hardware (header screws and rear seal screws - abt. 30 in all) with brand new stainless hardware. this, you will likely never see, but the original screws are usually rather corroded since they live in confined spaces.
    3. all frame components are installed with the correct rivets in the factory places. this takes a bit more time but believe me, it's worth it! alot of ships simple drill new holes to rivet on your seal guides...
    4. i perform any reasonable adjustments necessary to the frame so that windows close correctly again and all seals function properly
    5. i can usually fix xome seals with splits or cracks to help keep the costs down on the job for the owner
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fuzzysux; 10-03-2013, 08:10 AM. Reason: providing commonly asked details

Comment

If i want the straps changed. Would you have a problem doing that.
      sigpic

Comment

nope, i would just have to look up a little bit to come up with price is all
        it really isn't much more in labor, i just need to get a current cost on the straps

Comment

fuzzysux is a straight up guy :up:

Comment

Wish you were in TX... bump for a good deal.
            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
            -----------------------------------------
            91 318is Turbo Sold
            87 325 Daily driver Sold
            06 4.8is X5
            06 Mtec X3
            05 4.4i X5 Sold
            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
            90 325i Sold
            97 328is Sold
            01 323ci Sold
            92 325i Sold
            83 528e Totaled
            98 328i Sold
            93 325i Sold

Comment

Hello Fuzzy! What type of material do you use? Do we have Choices of Brands/Material? One more can send you our top Frame to be recovered? Thanks dj

Comment

Originally posted by dj01540i6sp View Post
                Hello Fuzzy! What type of material do you use? Do we have Choices of Brands/Material? One more can send you our top Frame to be recovered? Thanks dj
                This....

Comment

Top books out at 10 hours, That price is for OEM tops or as noted. No seals in the included price either correct?
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

great price, i might be interested in a bit!
                    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

great interest. thanks for the props Vlad!
                      this is for the top quality german top. choice of colors. if you want vinyl its cheaper, but i honestly don't see anyone doing that. this assumes that all fo the seals are good.

i get great prices from the dealer so we can talk if you need seals.

you can send me your frame - i'm OK with that - i'd probably bolt it up to my car to check the fit and to do the final stretch - i put these on really tight and i would like to make sure its perfect. - this is like an hour's worth of work for me.. -my top off - your top on.. bla bla bla

i'm in to these cars guys, i'd like to help out. I'm sure we can arrange something.
                      don't be dissuaed by the low price - i'm not making money on the top, just the labor to do the job.

i am very interested in trades towards a hard top

Comment

Wow this Is a great deal.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

don't overlook replacing the straps, it's kinda nice having a top that automatically folds itself properly without having to help it. btw great price
                          Build Threads:
                          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

u guys are making me think i should be charging more...

Comment

Hmmmmm".......I have a hard top......

Comment

Working...
                              X