Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come to Dallas?

Comment

just make a jig, or have a vert shell in the shop.
      then yo can get tops mailed to you , install, stretch out and mail back
      Originally posted by der affe
      What are you going to start a thread about next? "My woman's skinny jeans chaffe my special parts, f*ck skin irritation"
      Originally posted by navid41691
      And no, I use lotion so I don't have to worry about skin irritation.
      '...rolling balls, i'm elated, i'm going dumb now; drinking liquor i'm faded and having fun now; loaded gun and tripping with everyone around; keep me stuck in the sky, i never wanna come down...'...kabosh

Comment

Had my top done last year cost me $900.00
        With straps German top & labor. Wish you were in SoCal.
        My back plastic window is already pitted up need to remove top & stitch a new plastic window.

Comment

Originally posted by WhyNot View Post
          just make a jig, or have a vert shell in the shop.
          then yo can get tops mailed to you , install, stretch out and mail back
          I tried this.. It gets combersome... Takes up a lot of room. I would rather the cars leave once their top is done! Haha

Comment

I tried this with a car I bought that had a decent canvas but horrible plastic... 4 hours later, I had one side done by hand - and you can't believe the reactions of upholsters when asked to do this job..

Originally posted by e30conv2 View Post
            Had my top done last year cost me $900.00
            With straps German top & labor. Wish you were in SoCal.
            My back plastic window is already pitted up need to remove top & stitch a new plastic window.

Comment

do these tops come with zip out window?
              sigpic
              WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Originally posted by Aerton View Post
                do these tops come with zip out window?
                nope, only zip in tops i am aware of are the OEM bmw tops. the aftermarket ones that i use have a really good material rear window. i used my vert for 2 yrs. all seasons with very consistant top up and down action... no real wear in the window material to speak of.

Comment

everyone loves some pictures!

i did a couple tops simultaneously a little while back... and i know everyone loves pics!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

how much for replacement with an oem top? top is powered and fully functional. i have been delaying this because i don't want to someone to mess up the motors....
                    1993 325ic Schwarz/Natur
                    1991 318is Black/Black - Slicktop - Project s52
                    1989 Alpine White/Black M3 S52
                    1988 Henna/Pearl M3 <3

Comment

Originally posted by dannyg View Post
                      how much for replacement with an oem top? top is powered and fully functional. i have been delaying this because i don't want to someone to mess up the motors....
                      Most of the oem options I have seen come close to costing more than the car is worth.. I will check tomorrow for you though. What color do you want?
                      In the pics above, the blue car has a power top. For this car, I used the same exact top I always use - same top quality factory german cloth, and the top continued to work perfectly after installation.
                      In my experience, the elasticity in the straps have more to do with helping and keeping the top motors working well.

Comment

everyone loves more pictures

here we go - 2 more tops finished this last week.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wish you were down here in GA.

Comment

Do you do non BMW stuff? If so think my uncle needed his or his friends old caddy done.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
                            -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Hey I have not forgotten about you, Im just getting the $$$ up to do this. Do you have any idea what seals cost? The ones that mate to the window are shot.

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                                Do you do non BMW stuff? If so think my uncle needed his or his friends old caddy done.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
                                yep, i'll do just about any convertible top. send me details and i can quote. obviously it will be different from the e30 and it may take me a few days to compile the quote- as i have already worked out all of the particulars for the bmw's.. actually now just stock the hardware. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X