M42 complete engine w/harness&ecu, Getrag trans for sale - $350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jszy25 View Post
    I'd say the engine is in really good shape. I recently replaced the timing chain tensioner (hydraulic tensioner in side of motor) and I always kept good oil in it.
    To make this engine very reliable, I'd re-seal the timing cover and the oil pan and I would replace the rubber vacuum hoses that are getting old and cracking. Thats it.

Let me know if you'd like to come check out the setup. I will be moving it from the shop to my garage this week.

Sounds good. Where are you located? Where is your shop located? I'm in Whitehouse Station. I can probably pick it up this weekend.

Any issues with the tranny?

-Scott
    Duct Tape Motorsports 24 Hours of LeMons E30 318is - Sponsored by Guten Parts + Service

Comment

Originally posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
      Will you sell me the tranny? Located in Socal
      Sorry, I am really looking to keep this all together and sell it to one person without splitting up everything.

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
      Can I have the shifter carrier?
      Sorry, like I said, I am trying to keep this together.

Originally posted by sbarton View Post
      Sounds good. Where are you located? Where is your shop located? I'm in Whitehouse Station. I can probably pick it up this weekend.

Any issues with the tranny?

-Scott
      I work at a shop in Linden. I live in South River and I have a garage there. I am planning on moving the engine/trans to my garage at some point today so its not in the way at the shop.

I never had any issues with the tranny at all. No noise, no grinding, nothing. It was always very smooth.

Let me know about this weekend. I can meet you whenever. I have someone coming on Saturday morning to check it out and he seems serious about it. Let me know. PM me and I can send you my phone number. Thanks.
      91' 318is - OBDI M52/ZF swap w/ S50 cams

Comment

PM sent. I def want it. Thanks.

-Scott
        Duct Tape Motorsports 24 Hours of LeMons E30 318is - Sponsored by Guten Parts + Service

Comment

Originally posted by keada714 View Post
          too bad your not in socal.. could use a spare...
          ill have one for you in about 8 or 9 months when my other motor is finished :D

apexgoblin - versteht nicht jeder. Ist auch besser so!

Comment

Sold!
            91' 318is - OBDI M52/ZF swap w/ S50 cams

Comment

Working...
            X