Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLD! Engine Fire 1987 325is Bil/HR thanks r3v!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD! Engine Fire 1987 325is Bil/HR thanks r3v!

I'll be posting more pictures tomorrow, but here's the story:

My E30's engine bay was some how lit on fire during Chinese New Year last Monday in the Lower East Side of Manhattan. The car was parked for over 15 hours and I happened to be walking by when I noticed that the car's engine bay had smoke coming out of it.

Police were already notified and the FDNY we're on their way, preventing me from even walking up to the car. I watched as they smashed the kidney grills to pieces in order to pop the hood since the cable had already melted (and they we not giving me a chance to hit the emergency hood release with a screw driver.)

The most educated guess I can make as to what happened might of happened is that some Chinaman/woman was ringing in the New Year happened to send off a firework directly into the my E30’s engine bay. The sound proofing under the hood acted as an accelerant and spread the low smoldering fire around my engine bay.

Pretty much everything in the engine bay is shot, but everything else in and on the car is fine.

It has a Cardinal red interior, but the driver's seat is torn up quite a bit.

The car has ran great over the 5 years of ownership, and I just did a major tune up in the past 4 months. To top it all off, fire was not covered under insurance, so I have to eat this entire thing.

Originally a car from North Carolina, the car has NO serious rust.

I'm willing to part anything off the car, but would LOVE to have someone buy the whole shell.

I also have a set of amazing Firestone WinterForce tires mounted on a spare set of 14" basketweaves.

Last moments with the car, 2 days before the incident:

After the last tune up:
    FDNY doing their job:

Aftermath:

So… any offers?

UPDATE:
    I took some pics and have uploaded them here: www.de-vices.com/E30FIRE/

They're titled and about 2mb each.

You can also download ALL of these photos in a zip file for easier viewing here: www.de-vices.com/E30FIRE/e30pics.zip

As you can see, the car doesn't look nearly as it does in the picture I took right after the tune up. The paint is not great as it's still original SCHWARZ from the factory. The chassis is definitely in great condition and has been inspected by my mechanic, who would buy the car if he had the time to spend rebuilding it.

This car was my daily driver in NYC. A great, solid drive, but I was really worried about the car getting hit while parked, etc. That should say something for the overall look/quality of the car.

I'm officially taking offers on the FULL car first. Everything you see in the pictures (minus the sony head unit) will be included.

The car is currently in Bergenfield, NJ. If you'd like to take a look at in person, shoot me a PM, notifying that you'd like to check it out in the SUBJECT.

I'm heading out of the country for a week, back next Friday. I'll do my best to start responding to PMs throughout the week.
    Last edited by DMF; 03-24-2012, 11:39 AM. Reason: update with pics

damn that sucks man
    Originally posted by InuFaye
    silver is old man color car. you need dat BRO-SECA BLUE.
    Originally posted by blunttech
    so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist
    Originally posted by george graves
    An S5x is like the girl you want to marry - an m30 is the girl you don't bring home to mom.

Comment

pm me price for the whole car. Really just interested in the exhaust though :p

Comment

The exhaust is probably what's worth the most.. She sounded incredible going through tunnels.

Shoot me an offer.

Comment

Is the dash crack free? If so I'm interested in that and what appears to be an M-Tech 1 steering wheel.

Comment

Man that sucks why don't people watch where they place fireworks. Probably a drunk
            mother FK lit the fuse & thew it under your car.

Comment

It happened at around 2PM in the afternoon. I seriously can't believe this was the demise of the car. I would feel much better if the motor actually blew up itself.

The Dash has one vertical crack above the glove box.

I'll take some more photos and have them up over the next day. The car is currently at my mechanic's garage in NJ.

Comment

It doesn't have to be the end of the car if the burn is contained in the bay. Anyone looking to do a swap would have access to all of the wiring, etc that would need to be replaced. IMO sell it as is if it is rust free to someone looking to do a swap.

Comment

pm me price

Comment

Originally posted by FSUJBP View Post
                    It doesn't have to be the end of the car if the burn is contained in the bay. Anyone looking to do a swap would have access to all of the wiring, etc that would need to be replaced. IMO sell it as is if it is rust free to someone looking to do a swap.
                    That's exactly the person I'm hoping to find by posting this.

Honestly, the first thing I thought of when this happened was.. LS1 SWAP!..but after a week of thinking it over, I find it just wouldn't be a smart way of spending my money.

Comment

Sucks!

What kind of exhaust?

never mind missed the title
                      -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

How much for the whole car???? Hmmmm...

Comment

What a waste. Sorry to see

'99 M3 - Estoril/M Cross
                          '92 Mtech2 - Alpinweiss/Mtech Cloth
                          '013 Taco DCSB 6spd
                          '012 Golf TDi DD

Comment

How much for the front HR sports and front and rear Bilstiens shipped to 92604?

My stuff for sale
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229541

Comment

PM sent.
                              Originally posted by kronus
                              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                              X