Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to increase the steering angle on your drift car? Tie rod spacers for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to increase the steering angle on your drift car? Tie rod spacers for sale!

Tie rod spacers will give your car a noticeable increase in steering angle without breaking the bank. The spacers slip perfectly onto your tie rod and leave plenty of thread left, though using Loctite is suggested.

The spacers are cut on a water jet out of 304 stainless steel. They measure in at 1/4" thick.

I have been running them on my car for about two weeks now, while my friend (who handles all the cutting of the material) has run them on his car for a year without a single problem, they can take a beating!

The pricing is 18 dollars per set, shipped to your door. We're not looking to get rich off of these, just a great way to give back to the community and help people get good angle while on a budget!

The tie rods will come painted tan!

Pictures of the increased angle on my car, will post up pictures of our customers cars as I get them.

The best way to get ahold of me is email at cvotzmeyer@gmail.com but I'll check back here pretty often. Feel free to ask any questions!

Me and SnakeKP are not liable for anything happening to your car. If you are not comfortable with running rack spacers then don't. Use some sort of thread locker and you'll be just fine!
    Last edited by Texas Toast; 04-27-2012, 05:08 PM. Reason: Legal stuff
    Wrecking cars, closing bars.

Tie rod spacers for sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=245785

i might be interested in a set bump
    " I'm not racing, I'm driving asshole"

:hitler: Das Führer

Comment

Give me a PM or email and I'll get you set up, thanks!

Tie rod spacers for sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=245785

Comment

do you have any pictures of just the spacers? Not installed.

Interested for sure.

Taylor
        Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
        Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
          do you have any pictures of just the spacers? Not installed.

Interested for sure.

Taylor
          I can get some pictures of the spacers here in a bit. They just got done being cleaned up!

Comment

Sounds good man. I have two cars waiting for something just like this...

Taylor
            Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
            Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
              Sounds good man. I have two cars waiting for something just like this...

Taylor
              Posted up some pictures of the spacers for you, get ahold of me whenever your ready and I'll send them out!

Comment

Comment

Um.... ??

Comment

Just trying to be helpful. I know the install is self explanatory but people love pics. lol.

Comment

Oh haha sorry, thanks for the pictures!

If anybody needs a detailed install how to I would be happy to write one up and send it along with the spacers.

Comment

Any benefit to those who aren't drifters?
                        Originally posted by TSI
                        ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                        OEM+

Comment

pm sent
                          mods: 2.7i swap, 4.10LSD, JOM coilovers, ground control camber/caster plates, 21mm front sway bar, 2X12mm rear sway bars, BW diff clutches, Z3 shifter...
                          Condor; motor&trans mounts, blackbird kit

Comment

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
                            Any benefit to those who aren't drifters?
                            Even tighter turning radius?
                            The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                            Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                            2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Im the guy who decided the dimensions on these and cuts them here at work. Im a mechanical designer/ programer for our cnc machines and have been doing so for about 6 years.

If anyone has questions on cutting process I would be more than happy to give some answers. These pieces are cut at 55,000 psi, cold cut, with water and a red stone garnet.

If anyone wants a custom thickness ie: 3/16" thick for less angle, or 3/8" thick for more (which I would run with caution due to lack of threads on tie rod) we can have them cut for a higher price.

I ran these for over a year on my miata (different dimensions), and never once had to tighten my inner tie rods, nor did they ever fall off after a drift event / road race event.

Use caution and know what your doing to your car, use loctite, use your brain, and have a blast with your new found 10+ degrees of angle.

We are not responsible for anything you do or put on your car. Ive also cut wheel spacers, block off plates, flange adapters, and header / turbo flanges and can do this for a price, and plan on our next project being to cut slip on wheel spacers!!

Thanks, and again any questions on bmws or ordering stuff talk to matt (texas toast) but any process questions or miata questions let me know whats up.

Comment

Working...
                              X