Koni Sport Springs and rear shocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koni Sport Springs and rear shocks.

Koni Sport Springs for sale, front and rear set.
    Part # Front: 2220-1048
    Part# Rear: 2220-1049

I don't know much about these. I'm told they are about like a set of H&R Sport Springs. They lower an M3 20-25mm. They were way too soft for my use, I upgraded to a set of H&R Race springs. They came on my car, I have no idea how many miles are on them, my guess is not that many since the previous owner never drove the car. $200 obo.

I've also got a set of Koni Sport rear shocks with upper mounts. No idea how many miles are on them. I upgraded to TC-Klein externally adjustable ones with mono-ball mounts. $150 obo.

$300 for springs and rear shocks? I'm open to offers, shoot me a PM and we can go from there. I need these to go away so I can get some new bushings for the back of the car.

Shipping will be about $20 or so for the springs.

'59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Morning bump. I'm a motivated seller, please make me an offer.

Will
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Payment sent

Comment

Rear Konis are sold, springs still available.

Will
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

email sent
          Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
          Rear Konis are sold, springs still available.

Will

Comment

Price reduced, how about $175 plus shipping? I need these to go away, but I won't give them away. Make me an offer I cant refuse.

Thanks for looking,
            Will
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

I'm thinking about this, just can't find anything on the spring rate. If I could figure this out, it would be perfect since I'd be running them on an M3.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VadGTI View Post
                I'm thinking about this, just can't find anything on the spring rate. If I could figure this out, it would be perfect since I'd be running them on an M3.
                I have spent days looking for spring rates on these, but the best I could do is having other people tell me they are about the same as a set of H&R Sport springs. They are not a firm ride, but I would suggest running a set of Bilstein sports with them. I had BS on the front of the car and the set of Koni shocks I just sold on the rear and the ride was nice, but when I tried to autoX the car it didn't work well at all on tight corners, it pushed like a wheel barrow. The pics I included of my car were shot with the springs and bilsteins on it. I think they really do need the higher initial compression damping the Bilsteins offer rather than what the Koni's can provide.

You can try and calculate the spring rate, the wire dia is 12.64mm for the fronts and 14.21mm for the rear. The dia of the rear springs is 13.5 cm and the fronts are 14cm on the nose. I can say they are less firm than the H&R Race springs I have on the car now.

Will
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Any takers?
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                    I have spent days looking for spring rates on these, but the best I could do is having other people tell me they are about the same as a set of H&R Sport springs. They are not a firm ride, but I would suggest running a set of Bilstein sports with them. I had BS on the front of the car and the set of Koni shocks I just sold on the rear and the ride was nice, but when I tried to autoX the car it didn't work well at all on tight corners, it pushed like a wheel barrow. The pics I included of my car were shot with the springs and bilsteins on it. I think they really do need the higher initial compression damping the Bilsteins offer rather than what the Koni's can provide.

You can try and calculate the spring rate, the wire dia is 12.64mm for the fronts and 14.21mm for the rear. The dia of the rear springs is 13.5 cm and the fronts are 14cm on the nose. I can say they are less firm than the H&R Race springs I have on the car now.

Will
                    You wouldn't happen to have the compressed and decompressed length, would you?

This calculator is asking for it:

Calculate Coil Spring Rate Pressure - by Wallace Racing Home of Pontiac Powered Firebirds,Trans Ams,Pontiac Powered Dragsters,Pontiac Power Rules!

Sent from a rotary-dial phone using Edna the Small Town Operator
                    sigpic

Comment

You wouldn't happen to have the compressed and decompressed length, would you?

This calculator is asking for it:

Calculate Coil Spring Rate Pressure - by Wallace Racing Home of Pontiac Powered Firebirds,Trans Ams,Pontiac Powered Dragsters,Pontiac Power Rules!

The free length of the fronts is 9 7/8" and 7.5 for the rears. I don't have any way of safely compressing them. I'd guess the compressed fronts would be about 5/8s of the free length. The rears perhaps somewhere between 5/8 and 2/3 free length.

With my TC Klein shocks and struts set full hard, the car was the most predictable car ever. Left/right transitions were perfect. The trouble I had with them was when pushed hard into a corner autoXing, I'd bottom the outside front struts. The struts flat out didn't have enough travel to keep from bottoming. Even though the springs were made by Koni, I think the higher intial compression damping of the Bilstieins would mate better with the soft initial compression of the springs. I didn't have the bottoming issue when I first got the car. It understeered horribly but didn't bottom. I suppose the cheaper fix for the problem might have been to just get a matching set of Bilstein Sport rear shocks back when I did the upgrade. Now with the H&Rs, I think I might have undone the predictability I had. Either that, or the soft springs were masking the worn bushings in the rear of the car (hence the reason I'm selling the springs to pay for all the related stuff that needs to be replaced while I'm in there.)

Will
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

How about $150 plus shipping? Anyone?

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

How much would shipping be to 90027?

sigpic

Comment

How much would shipping be to 90027?

$20, USPS Flat rate box.

PM me if you want them.

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Bump on these.