No announcement yet.

Kamotors Rivet on Fender flares.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so from what I measured its 1 inch from the outside of the OEM fender to the inside of the new flare.
    so its an easy 1.25" of clearance gained fender clearance. From what tire rack is showing a hoosier 275/35 is 10.3" wide and will fit
    Last edited by kamotors; 12-04-2012, 09:05 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

ohh my goodness, ohh my damn. im gonna need this for my salad shooters

Comment

That looks great!

If you make a set for early models I am in 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Dissembler View Post
          That looks great!

If you make a set for early models I am in 100%
          And they have to work with early model plastic bumper conversions! I want these so bad!

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
            Couldn't you have cut up the door trim a little bit instead of cutting a notch in the flare? I feel like that would have been a bit cleaner looking.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

So that the door trim sits on the flare instead?

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                So that the door trim sits on the flare instead?
                Yeah, angle the cut so it matches the flare so you don't have that obnoxious notch in the flare...idk

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

hmm, i smell ya

Comment

I would love a set of rear only flares for my early model. Been throwing the idea around in my head for quite some time.
                    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by benjohnson View Post
                      anyone have pic of cut fenders ? I'd like to get an idea of how much people are taking off....

-Ben
                      usually the entire OE flare. Look at the pictures with just the drilled holes. Cut just below the hole.
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                        Yeah, angle the cut so it matches the flare so you don't have that obnoxious notch in the flare...idk
                        I think the notch in the flare looks much better. Not necessarily in that pic, but it wouldn't be hard to make a nice, clean cut.

Comment

I could easily offer it without the notch if thats what people want.

7speedshop.com

Comment

I would rather not cut into the side moldings if I don't have to, mainly because on an early model, they have that metal strip running down the middle.

Comment

I'm thinking the best way to sell these would to have the notch be a bit tighter fitting and have the buyer sand it to a perfect fit. My notch was cut to accommodate the welting but I'm not sure if that's what others want.

while these flares are flexible the lower area of the flare under the door strip has to be persuaded to hug the body because our E30's have that real sharp curve to them. after market side skirts also might require trimming of the lower part of the flare.

the rear is the hardest to install the front seems extremely easy.

I would love a set of rear only flares for my early model. Been throwing the idea around in my head for quite some time.
                              I can do just a rear set for about $200 shipped. I'll include the hardware with every kit
                              you can get that cool 70's gtr look with just rear flares:)

7speedshop.com

Comment

Quick n' dirty pshop...

I think that's how I would do it if I were gonna use these flares.

Comment

Working...
                                X