e30 Power Convertible Top + Frame + Motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 Power Convertible Top + Frame + Motors

I went to a manual top and am looking to part with my power top+frame.

TOP + FRAME: (Sold)
    The top did go up and down fine, maybe leaked a drop or two in a lot of rain, but did pretty well.

Mostly it would be good for someone who needs something temporary or donor parts to repair their power top.

I would ship this thing whole for the right price, but let's be honest, she's probably not worth that.

If anyone needs a specific part off the top or frame I will take it off and ship that part to you. Just shoot me an offer.

The whole thing is available for pick up for $100, obo.

TOP DETAILS:
    (Sold)
    The top has a small, quarter-sized hole in the side. Also, there is a several inch long section where the plastic rear window has come un-stitched from the canvas. I have taped both of these. (See pictures)

The part of the frame on the passenger side that connects to the drive bar for the power top is broken. (See pictures)

MOTORS: (Currently working on a trade deal)
    I have both motors, which turn fine. I have only tested them in one direction, as my relays are not working. I feel confident if they turn one direction, they will turn the other.

Motors $60 each + shipping, obo.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by royAdler; 09-27-2013, 04:35 AM.

Do you have the whole motor assembly? The one that mounts to bottom of vert top storage? If so I will take it, pic to biaguessa@yahoo.com please

Comment

Hi
      Interested in all the parts on the fram that involve the motor operation (including the busted piece ;-)
      See my wanted ad:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297721

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rtwaits View Post
        Hi
        Interested in all the parts on the fram that involve the motor operation (including the busted piece ;-)
        See my wanted ad:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297721

Rtwaits, we can do business on these. I would like to give it until the weekend to see if anyone wants the whole thing. If not they are yours for.... $40 shipped.

I believe some of the parts are riveted together so I will probably just ship you those part's plus whatever is riveted to them. Unless I decide the rivets will be easy to drill.

Sound good?

Thanks
        Last edited by royAdler; 09-24-2013, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky View Post
          Do you have the whole motor assembly? The one that mounts to bottom of vert top storage? If so I will take it, pic to biaguessa@yahoo.com please

Sharky,

Yes, I do. And I am happy to ship the whole assembly.

However the motor only turns when not engaged into the gear box. (As shown in picture) When engaged the gears grind. This is how the car was when I bought it. I am not sure what it would take to get the gear box turning again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130924_082014_143.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	7160441

Comment

I spaced one of the gears out with a washer on mine for about 5 years.
            But another solution involves making sure the emergeny release maintains the pressure - the green lever's notch wears, and the aluminum frame the motor drive mounst to can bend and also wear.

Comment

Roy Adler - Im in on those parts. How did you break the lever? If you can take a bunch of photos on how it looks and attaches before you dismantle, that would be great
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rtwaits View Post
                Roy Adler - Im in on those parts. How did you break the lever? If you can take a bunch of photos on how it looks and attaches before you dismantle, that would be great
                Thanks
                Rwaits - Sorry for slow response. The whole top and frame sold locally last night. Sorry

Comment

Working...
                X