WTT 13 button obc from an "is" for a 13 button obc from e or es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTT 13 button obc from an "is" for a 13 button obc from e or es

As the title states, I have an obc from a '89 325is and want to trade for a obc from an e or es. I can send a pic of the condition of the buttons and what not if you would like. Just send me a private message.
    1987 325 w/ M52b28 - Bronzit
    2007 X3 - Platinum Bronze

How do the is and es OBC differ?

My don't quote me list:

Originally posted by george graves
    I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a smog test type of thing. IIRC think it's against CA law to *sell* a dual outlet muffler as a replacement for a car that came from the factory with a single. But don't quote me on that.

Comment

I don't believe there is really any difference other than the coding plug, which is why I would like to trade. I am upgrading my 6 button to a 13 button in my 87 325 so I either need to get a coding plug for an eta or trade with someone on the other side of the fence. Trading seemed easier and cheaper since I already have the obc.

Comment

What year is your car?

Comment

Sorry to ask you so many question (its a freee bump) but I think I am in the same situation. eta engine IS OBC but it turns on although dim (new lights). What exactly does the coding plug do? Would that mean I have the correct coding plug if it is intalled and turns on in my car? or is it just like a module that does correct calculations based on the engine type ?

glwt

My don't quote me list:

Originally posted by george graves
          I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a smog test type of thing. IIRC think it's against CA law to *sell* a dual outlet muffler as a replacement for a car that came from the factory with a single. But don't quote me on that.

Comment

Well if you use an OBC with the wrong coding plug for your engine the data it displays may not be accurate. I'm not entirely sure which inputs get scaled incorrectly. I'm pretty sure your fuel range will be off, because of different tank sizes. Fuel consumption might be off as well and maybe others.

Comment

So you have a 6 button obc and want to upgrade to a 13 button obc?
              Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

I have a 6 button with a broken screen currently in my car that I will be replacing.

I purchased a 13 button obc with a 325i coding plug for cheap.

I would like to trade this 13 button obc with a 13 button obc with a eta coding plug. Or we could even just trade the coding plugs, either way works

Comment

I will swap OBC coding plugs with you. I need the coding plug that has the following number 65-81-1-381-793 it is used for the 325i up to 9/87. If you have this plug, I have E/ES coding plugs to swap. Just let me know.

Comment

I took a very blurry pic of the plug. If this will do the trick, send me a private message and we can work out the details.
                    Attached Files

Comment

All sorted out. A special thanks to KMOSES

Comment

Working...
                      X