• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax return season!!!

Subscribed.

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

so I just saw this video, like just now and im like WHOA!! 1 main question for me tho, is this all on the stock bottom end? or does the bottom end need to be upgraded as well to handle 19psi of boost? and im not familiar with MS at all, is there a way to "save" tunes for high boost and low boost settings??

Comment

yes all on stock bottom end, I did 1 season on 20-23 psi with a gt35, 1 season at 19 psi no issues at all.

MS uses a map that covers a large range of boost and vacuum you can run 2 psi one day and 22 the next as long as its been tuned to the highest boost level there is no issue.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Kamotors, any of your friends want to sell their e30s with the turbo setup already? :D

crap,*reality hitting me*, my wife would kill me...
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Have my oil pan off. Would like to go ahead and tap the pan for turbo oil return.
            What AN adaptor should I get to mate with your turbo drain line?

Is that a -6 AN to NPT adaptor in the below pic?

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
            drain line
            Last edited by Overlord475; 03-24-2014, 01:37 PM.

--->>>1988 SETA 2.7i Build Thread (Turbo Prep)<<<---

Comment

1/2NPT for the oil pan

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                1/2NPT for the oil pan
                Good deal, but what is the AN size? The side that does not go into the oil pan.

--->>>1988 SETA 2.7i Build Thread (Turbo Prep)<<<---

Comment

-10 socketless barb, dont use the regular hose end because it wont work with my drain line.

7speedshop.com

Comment

IS a rebuild necessary for an m20 to run over 10 psi?! Like would I need to get all forged internals? I have around $3200 to spend on turboing an m20 so I need to think budget lol Any ideas on that? What can I do without on this kit? (never turbo-ed anything in my life lol) ALso, do I really nee 60lb fuel injectors?! Thats HUGE!
                    Last edited by Graebmw95; 03-26-2014, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Does MS have the ability to run variable boost like a D.D tune at like 7-8 psi and a hard driving 10-12 psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      1990 325i sedan Turbo project.

Comment

Originally posted by Graebmw95 View Post
                        IS a rebuild necessary for an m20 to run over 10 psi?! Like would I need to get all forged internals? I have around $3200 to spend on turboing an m20 so I need to think budget lol Any ideas on that? What can I do without on this kit? (never turbo-ed anything in my life lol) ALso, do I really nee 60lb fuel injectors?! Thats HUGE!
                        I am like the same. Low money. Still learning. Do a compression test first if compression test shows the same numbers on every cylinder +/- maybe 10 percent you should be good. I would recommend take old studs out if they're still the stretch bolts and put new head, valve cover gaskets, apr head studs, and should be good. If compression test is showing wacky numbers on some cylinders. I would then continue with a leakdown test to pinpoint your problem and get that fixed but besides that. Like Kamotors says his bottom end is stock. These engines are great so really there's not too much to be worried about as long as the engine is all sealed tight

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Comment

Update on where I am at to getting this kit and what I am doing for people that are figuring out where they should start with this kit.

Bad compression leads me to full rebuild estimated 450$ for the head and right around a grand for my bottom end (estimate from local machine shop). Still determining if I want them to o-ring my block. Head will be a little bit different. But bottom end completely stock unless o ringed of course but not a biggy. Heavy duty rocker arms most likely will be put into the head also. Engine will use normal head gasket no MLS or anything. Apr head studs. Sell my lancer and purchase the kit. Then hopefully I'll have money to get some dyno runs in and fine tuning. All of this I am looking to finish by the end of this summer would be great! 400hp would be my goal but run daily somewhere a little over 300hp. Hope people will read this that want the kit but may be new to the turbo world or just new to building engines. I am but I did a ton of research and you can never stop learning. I'm only 18 and my nazi is my life haha

~Vito

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Graebmw95 View Post
                            no its not, I'm still on the original bottom end. you can get smaller injecots but that doesnt make them cheaper, the base tune on the supplied megsquirt ECU is for 60lbers. 60lbers are at around 50% duty cycle with methanol at 20psi, so they arent that big:)

Originally posted by Dallin97 View Post
                            Does MS have the ability to run variable boost like a D.D tune at like 7-8 psi and a hard driving 10-12 psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            if you setup an electronic boost controller you can do that. but with a manual boost controller you can just turn the controller for more or less boost.

7speedshop.com

Comment

How have I always missed this until now!? This is exactly what I need, definitely something I plan on buying this summer!
                              '16 Volkswagen Golf R | 6-speed | Oryx White Pearl | Titan Black Leather | Tech Package
                              '88 BMW 325 | 5-speed | Bronzitbeige Metallic | Natur Sport Leather | M20B25 swap | 3.73 LSD - Gone

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                                Kamotors, any of your friends want to sell their e30s with the turbo setup already? :D

crap,*reality hitting me*, my wife would kill me...

pm me if you're serious ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X