Feeler - Custom Cup Holder e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeler - Custom Cup Holder e30

So I dont like not having cup holders in my car for my 1.5 hr drive to work and decided to design one, and figured I throw it out there to gauge interest in it. I'm trowing it in the 3D printer tomorrow to verify fit, but it should match all the contours fine. The small square hole you see replaces the cig lighter with a twin USB port that's integrated in, but of course this is easily changed.

Thoughts, and feel free to flame away if needed :)

Id be down. Looks awesome. How much were you looking to get

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks great, I'm interested in the price as well. Depending on cost id buy one for sure
      '87 BMW 325i - ground control c/o, condor bushings, 16x8/16x9 wheels - SOLD

'09 MazdaSpeed 3 - FOR SALE

Comment

Yes please,how much??

Comment

None of the custom cupholders seem to match stock texture but this one definitely looks the most stock

Comment

I'm trying to have it match the contours and stock styling. Once I get the first proto done then I'm going to make changes for ease of manufacturing, and get it quoted. Worst case is I'll supply the STL files and you can source the 3D print and wrap it with the same material as the rest of the console.

Comment

...in for pricing too.
              1997 328i - SOLD
              1991 325is - SOLD
              2002 325i - SOLD :(

Currently:
              1991 318is
              2011 328i xDrive
              2017 Highlander - Toy Hauler

sigpic

Comment

Suggestion, wither making the cut cutouts tired to accept a larger cup or have 2 sized holders. On side for like a 12 ounce can, the other a bit larger (like arizona iced tea sized).
                Swanny!
                SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
                  Suggestion, wither making the cut cutouts tired to accept a larger cup or have 2 sized holders. On side for like a 12 ounce can, the other a bit larger (like arizona iced tea sized).
                  I thought about doing it that way. But personally I only use it for coffee cups and 20oz bottles. I'm thinking it may fall in the $40-50 range with USB charger or CIG lighter installed. I'm also toying with the idea of an integrated iPhone or android charger... But I need to see how it all fits first. Now that it appears to have some interest what are some features that interest you guys. These could be made one off customs if your willing to 3d print it and deal with It yourselves. Once I can get the models to my toolmaker/molder I'll get some pricing back to everyone.

Comment

let me know when these are available!

Comment

i think that price range is perfect. cup sizes should be as you stated, can or 20 oz bottle. a cig lighter/12v outlet is all i would want. simplistc works for me.
                      '87 BMW 325i - ground control c/o, condor bushings, 16x8/16x9 wheels - SOLD

'09 MazdaSpeed 3 - FOR SALE

Comment

Concept looks great. The only problem I have with custom made cup holders for our cars is that they are never deep enough and on turn the cups tip over.

Looks to be a great design though.
                        sigpic
                        Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Bglad View Post
                          I thought about doing it that way. But personally I only use it for coffee cups and 20oz bottles. I'm thinking it may fall in the $40-50 range with USB charger or CIG lighter installed. I'm also toying with the idea of an integrated iPhone or android charger... But I need to see how it all fits first. Now that it appears to have some interest what are some features that interest you guys. These could be made one off customs if your willing to 3d print it and deal with It yourselves. Once I can get the models to my toolmaker/molder I'll get some pricing back to everyone.
                          definitely a "supercharger" phone charger box built in would be epic to speed charge the phone in the car.

What is the small square there now, placeholder?

If it were possible for most of the candybar sized phones to sit landscape in that back slot(or however you end up developing it) and still have most of the screen viewable/clickable that would be elite for using integrated music/navigation apps

I like the idea of two uniform cup holders, I think a tall can is a good standard.

I'll continue to think and provide feedback
                          ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

I think if you make the cup holders a bit wider, but deeper is fine. My tacoma will hold anything because they are deep. Also there should be a channel connecting the cup holders for handles of travel mugs.

Comment

I'd buy for sure. Great idea
                              Follow me on Instagram for :coolphoto:!!!

@dirtythirty1991

Owned Vehicles:
                              1991 318i (m20b25 swap) diamant Schwarz - sold
                              1990 325i glacierblau - sold
                              1986 325es bronzit *work in progress*

Comment

Working...
                              X