Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.How do I unclog 'vert water drain holes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.How do I unclog 'vert water drain holes?

I can hear the water inside my car while moving, can someone please tell me how to drain out the water, it's 1989 325i vert.

Thank you

Wrong section bro

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
    Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Originally posted by E30arian View Post
      I can hear the water inside my car while moving, can someone please tell me how to drain out the water, it's 1989 325i vert.

Thank you
      I'd suggest going from the bottom up. use a flexible wire, coat hanger maybe?
      but are you sure the drain holes are clogged? you're getting water where- into the rear floor pan? or is water collecting in the soft top frame area?
      sigpic

Comment

Soft top frame area for me, waiting to see where this goes..
        Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
        A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
          Soft top frame area for me, waiting to see where this goes..
          the cabin area is designed for the water to run to the lowest point and that is the frame mount area. there is a drain hole through which the water ideally should exit through a channel in the body and out through a small hole just in front of the sub frame bushing mounts. now if it is leaking into the rear seat area or rear seat floor boards there is a good chance the plastic sticker which is located under the frame is punctured and water is getting into the car instead of out. the only way to find out for sure - besides the wet carpet being the proof - is pull the carpet up, run water into the cabin and wait to see where it goes. it will show up rather quickly. if that is the case then you will need to remove the hard top frame -3 bolts on either side. plug the holes and re-install the frame/top. I used a margerine plastic lid and cut disks out. then I urethaned them on. waited ti'll relatively dry and installed the frame. remember to dry and prep the area well.

I believe there is a write up on here about the issue. do a search or try e30tech.com
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X