No announcement yet.

E30 Bi-Xenon Retrofits - Drop-In - LED - Quad Highs - Lifetime Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the child. Like Alpine_M5 I am also considering these for an e30 M3 and would like to leave the wiring stock if possible.

Daniel
    1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
    2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Will do once I can catch up. Currently in zombie state :)

Comment

In the meantime I went ahead and ordered some Hella Ellipsoids (haven't heard good things about the DEPO's). How are you mounting the Mini H1? With Squared mounting brackets? I want to do something similar, but with the Mini D2S as they seem to have a far better bulb selection (Philips, Osram, etc.). Care to shed any light (pun intended)?
        Last edited by hankolerd; 01-14-2015, 09:36 PM.

Daniel

Comment

Have you checked if the Mini D2S uses the same mounting points?

Comment

I also haven't heard good things about Depo lights, curious what your opinion is on them?

Early models do it better.

'86 Cosmos Sedan LS1

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
              Have you checked if the Mini D2S uses the same mounting points?
              I reached out to lightwerkz yesterday and asked if they could compare the physical differences of the housings, hopefully will get that information soon. If they are different than I am not sure which route I will go. I really want the D2S, but don't want to break a set of Hella lights trying to fit them.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by BenjaminButtton View Post
                I also haven't heard good things about Depo lights, curious what your opinion is on them?
                I have owned 10 or so sets. Seen others installed and lasted a long time.

What negative aspect are you hearing? The adjusters work well. They fit nicely. They look spectacular. Never had a problem.

Let me know. I'd be willing to try. I thought the D2S one was bigger and it's already a tight fit.

Couple sets sent out :)

Comment

The things I have heard and read the most is around moisture entering the housings. I know they have gone through a few revisions though, so maybe that issue have been resolved? I have read a few reports of people having trouble with the adjusters and overall quality of the plastic, but that is a common problem on the OEM lights as well

This video shows a side-by-side comparison of the H1 and D2S housings, you can see the D2S does have a little bit bigger mount, but looks to be the same size of projector and same length - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxHREK6aPnY

And this photo shows a comparison of the H1 and D2S, which is part of the reason I am considering the D2S, that is why I was asking if you care to describe your mounting process.
                  Last edited by hankolerd; 01-15-2015, 12:29 PM.

Daniel

Comment

Never had moisture inside mine. I had some in my Bosch OEMs haha

Comment

BUMP....

Do I source the headlight and then send to you or do you supply and ship everything?

Anyone have any feedback on these?

Comment

I know this a bit old but if your still doing these pm me

Comment

Originally posted by gills View Post
                          BUMP....

Do I source the headlight and then send to you or do you supply and ship everything?

Anyone have any feedback on these?
                          A complete set of headlights show up. I ship everything and it will be setup for 9006/9005 plugs. Drop in and enjoy. Early or super late model(sealed beams) will require minor wiring.

Originally posted by Boostaddict2 View Post
                          I know this a bit old but if your still doing these pm me
                          Will do. Just delivered a set I built yesterday that are going into an E30 M3. Full setup with premium HIDs and LED Highs.

Comment

Installed these set for one of my loyal customers with the bi-xenon and LED high beam kit.

Its insanely bright. My customer has had them for a few months with no issues.

I have the smoked depos with HID kit on my car and havealso had no problems.

Usually I see moisture issues on low beams when someone does a poop job of installing the HID kit and doesn't properly seal them back up.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                              Installed these set for one of my loyal customers with the bi-xenon and LED high beam kit.

Its insanely bright. My customer has had them for a few months with no issues.

I have the smoked depos with HID kit on my car and havealso had no problems.

Usually I see moisture issues on low beams when someone does a poop job of installing the HID kit and doesn't properly seal them back up.
                              Thanks, Robert :)

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                                A complete set of headlights show up. I ship everything and it will be setup for 9006/9005 plugs. Drop in and enjoy. Early or super late model(sealed beams) will require minor wiring.
                                Very tempting. Even if they are Depos, you open them up and reseal them anyway I'm assuming? That is probably better than what you get directly from Depo. Instead of getting ripped off on a set of used OEM Hella smoked ellipsoids since they are NLA, this might be a better route for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X